Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Here We Go Again!

Mama has changed her mind again. Now she wants to go home. She called me and told me not to disconnect the power because she wants to go home. It will be probably 2-3 weeks when they will release her for a home trial. That means we have to clean her house this weekend. Penny can't do it on Saturday and I go to church on Sunday, so I'm going over on Saturday to start. I think Angie will be able to help and possibly Tabitha and Kim. I'll let them know tomorrow. I'd really like Angie there, cause she already has some ideas on what to do about the house.

Penny called her and asked her why did she change her mind all of a sudden. She told her that for the past two nights somebody has come in her room and stood over her bed. It's two women that have Alzheimers and they don't know where they are. But it scared her. It would scare me, too. So, now she has her mind set on going home. We're just going to have to work together and make sure we go over every night and check on her. Now that she doesn't have a car, she will qualify for Meals on Wheels. We'll go grocery shopping and get things that she can eat without much preparation.

Now that she's not smoking, she is breathing better. Penny and I both noticed the change. Hopefully, my air purifier has cleaned up the air in the house and it will be okay for us to clean. Penny is going over and talk to her neighbor and tell her she better not buy cigarettes for Mama no matter how hard she begs. None of the family will buy her any. She will do so much better if she doesn't start smoking again. I'm just going to tell her if I ever walk in her house and smell smoke, I won't come back. That usually works with her. I know some people will call me cruel, but I don't want my mama to die. Every cigarette takes another day off her life, plus we are all allergic to smoke and none of us would be able to visit. That's why we stayed away before cause we would go in and come out with a migraine or worse.

With all of us working together, I think we will be able to keep her at home. Home Health Care will come every day to check on her so I think she will be okay. Penny was able to get her phone turned back on and still have the same number. That was God, cause they always give your number away when you have it disconnected.

I went and got lunch and brought it back and ate in my office. I used to have peace and quiet for at least 30 minutes, but not anymore. Somebody is always coming in wanting something out of the warehouse. When it gets a little cooler, I will be going to the marina and eating in my car. Didn't get much work done. Was on a roll with my timesheets and then the system went down. I had planned on working till 5:30, but went home at 5:00 instead. No sense sitting around when the computer is down. I could have filed, but I have so much of that to do that I didn't want to drag it all out for just a few minutes.

We had a little bit of a scare today with Trent. He went for an EKG yesterday and the doctor's office called back this morning and said they found something abnormal on the test and he needed to see a cardiologist right away. They had an appointment at 1:00 to see a pediatric cardiologist. Of course, I sent out prayer requests and when he saw the doctor, he told Tabitha that his heart was healthy and he could find nothing wrong on the EKG. Praise the Lord! If there had been anything wrong, God took care of it and healed it. I picked Hope up from school. She was so tired. She didn't say a word as we were driving back to the office. Normally, she's talking a mile a minute. She finally started talking when we got in my office. Tabitha and Trent came by to pick her up and they were going to the library to hang out until 5:00 when Hope had choir practice. She's in the Sandbox Singers Choir. Trent called me to see if I was going to practice tonight because he wanted to go back to the library between 6:30 and 7:30 for a pajama party. I told him I had to go to practice, but maybe we could go again sometime. He was cool with that. I will have to check out the activities at the library and see about taking them. I haven't even been to the new library yet. Kim and Tabitha said it was very nice. I don't even have a library card. Tabitha said there is a section where they sell books really, really cheap. I'll have to check it out cause Vance and I both read a lot.

Talked to Michelle. She's still not feeling good. I'm really praying that she will get better quick. I just love that girl!

Went to Praise and Worship practice. Had a good practice. I just love our team. We work so good together. Called Chip and told him to turn the a/c back on at mama's house so we could clean without being hot. He said he would take care of it.

Penny and I talked on the phone for over an hour. We really think we can keep Mama at home if we all work together. I sure hope so.

I'm really tired, so I'm going to bed. God bless you all..............

No comments: