Monday, September 22, 2008

Mama and the Nursing Home

Michelle and I were IMing each other early this morning, so neither one of us got much sleep. I even missed my afternoon nap today.

Went to church. Had a testimony time after Praise & Worship, then Mrs. Sandi had us all agree in prayer for Shirley Lowe. Pastor preached about 15 minutes and let us go at 11:40. That's early for us. I went to the nursing home to see Mama. She told me that she had had a meeting with some of the people there and they wanted to try to send her home the end of the month for a trial run to see how she did on her own. She says there is no way she can go home. When I saw her Monday, she was eating good and not having any problems and said she wanted to go home. Then, after meeting with them, I think she got scared of being home alone. She was worried about how she was going to pay her life insurance cause they will take her Social Security check. I told her I would buy her car for $100 a month. She said "What if I'm in here 5 years?" I said "Well, then I've got myself a very expensive car." I told her not to worry about the insurance. Then she started worrying about the taxes. I told her the three of us would just have to come together and pay the taxes.

Penny came in and Mama told her about wanting to stay. Penny will contact the lady in charge of the nursing home tomorrow and see what needs to be done and who to contact. Mama is worried about losing the house. I don't think that can happen since it's in all of our names. They might be able to take her 1/4 of the money after it's sold, but I don't think they can take our part. We'll just have to wait and see.

Chip and Angie came in and she had to repeat it to them. Chip sat down on the foot of the bed and Mama held onto him like she was about to lose him. It made Chip very uncomfortable. Mama has never shown any of us any affection, so that was a strange feeling for him.

We all stayed for about three hours, then walked out together. We talked and Penny said she would call tomorrow and find out what we needed to do. Angie suggested we wait before disconnecting the power and water cause Mama might change her mind. I really think it is fear.

Vance went last night and took my Alpine Air Purifier to clean the air so we could go over and clean. All of us are allergic to cigarette smoke and end up with migraines when we go over there. Penny went by this morning and said it was already smelling better in there.

I never did get a nap. And I missed Bible Study again. I got busy washing clothes and simply forgot until it was too late.

Now, since it's almost midnight, I think I better try and get some sleep. Got to be at work tomorrow. I wish I could take off and go to the mountains for about a week.
Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: