Monday, September 08, 2008

Is the Weekend Over?



The weekends sure do pass by fast. Yesterday was a busy day for Tabitha, Chad and me. Tabitha called around 8:30 and said she and Chad would be over in about an hour. I jumped in the shower - why, I don't know. I knew I'd be sweating and getting dirty. Should have waited until we finished. I went in the laundry room and cleared off the bakers rack that I hung clothes on so that we could put it on the front porch.

The whole front of our house was full of plants in pots. I love plants, but just don't know how to plant them. I'm not good at landscaping like my mother. I just don't have any design ideas. I just buy the plants and put them in front of the house. Anyway, Tabitha and Trent came over and we got started. I had already pulled a bunch of the pots away from the house. Came across a spider web with a spider that had red on it. I couldn't see very well to tell if it was a black widow, but I took a picture of it. I don't think it's a black widow, do you? I used the broom to knock it down. We cleaned the porch and Chad came. We all worked to get the rest of the pots away from the house and throw the old wooden plant stand away. Tabitha was raking the leaves from where the plant stand was when she came across a snake. I still haven't figured out what kind it was, but we killed it anyway. "The only good snake is a dead snake" as far as I'm concerned. I looked in my snake book, but couldn't pick this one out. Any ideas? I guess we worked for a couple of hours, but it sure looks better. I forgot to take pictures of the end result. Will have to remember to do that tomorrow.

Mama called while we were working and told me to take Tabitha over to her house and get all the groceries and take them home. She didn't want all that food to go to waste. So, Chad went home and Tabitha, Trent and I went to Mama's. Loaded up several bags. I went by Taco Bell for some lunch. Ate and then went to the Family Dollar store to get some things I needed around the house plus house slippers for Mama.

Vance came home and grilled hamburgers. He like what we did to the yard.

Went to church today. Had a great service. Ms. Sandi preached. Pastor Sammy is recovering from ankle surgery. I pray that he recovers quickly and that there are no problems from this surgery. Tabitha came to church without the kids. Aunt Donna has had Hope all weekend and Trent spent the night with a friend and went to church with him. I sure miss those two.

Went by Winn-Dixie and got some candy for Mama and went to visit her. She's always liked peppermints, but when I pulled them out of the bag, she said she wished I had gotten the soft kind. She used to carry the hard ones around in her purse and in her car all the time, but now she wants the soft ones. And then she told me she couldn't eat the chocolate candy (she always has before) and to take the slippers back cause Penny had brought two pair and they slip on the floor. I just can't do anything right. Seems Penny can't either. She bought Mama two house dresses that zipped. Mama refused them and made her take them back and go someplace else to find the ones that button. She said the drier would melt the zippers. I know that's not true, cause just about everything you buy now has plastic zippers and they don't melt in the driers. But Chip does everything right. He put padlocks on the doors and turned off the water and unplugged the a/c. She went on and on about what he did. I just wanted to leave.

I stayed about an hour and a half, then she told me to go home and take a nap. She really wanted me out so she could watch the race on TV. I was keeping her from watching it.I came home and ate a hamburger and took a long nap. Had meant to go to Bible Study, but slept too late. While I was asleep, Michelle and Fox called. Fox wished me "Happy Grandparents Day, Nonna. I love you." He's so sweet. I could just eat him up! Can't wait to see them in two weeks. They are coming for a visit. I called Michelle back and thanked her for calling and letting me hear Fox. It just made my day.

I ate supper and watched two episodes of "Murder She Wrote". I just love that series and anything Angela Lansbury plays in. I read my emails and got one from somebody who had read Vance's blog about doing the Hundred Push Up Challenge. He said it inspired him and he was signing up, too. I've been using my 3.3 lb weights and doing arm exercises. I did 30 reps of three different arm exercises tonight and then just wondered if I could do a push up. I've never been able to do the kind that men do, but I got down on the floor and did 25 from my knees. I was very surprised. It may be the girly kind, but at least I did them. I may try to work up to 100. Who knows? One day I may be able to do the kind men do. Vance, you have inspired me, too. Keep up the good work.

Guess I better get to bed. Back to work tomorrow. Goodnight and God bless..........

1 comment:

Sir Vance-a-lot said...

Wow, Mom...25 pushups is great! I didn't do any workouts during vacation, other than digging great big holes in the sand for Fox and Dylan to play in. I started again last night, and was back down to 50. Hopefully, it will only take me a week to get back up to around 80, where I left off.