Saturday, September 27, 2008

Whew! It's Friday Again..........

Time just keeps getting faster and faster. Just three months till Christmas. I don't even want to think about it. Vinnie kept me up last night. I think he went outside and got bit by something around his mouth. Ants, maybe. Anyway, he came in as I was trying to sleep on the couch and kept running around with his nails clicking on the floor. He would then rub his face on the floor. I took him in the bathroom and wiped his face with a wet wash cloth, but he kept running around. I know he did it for at least 20 minutes. And, I was so sleepy. I just wanted to put him outside, but then I would have to listen to him scratching on the door. I even held him and prayed for him. Finally, he settled down and went to sleep and so did I.

Today was a usual, busy day. Except our phones were not working this morning and our computer went down. Once they got our phones working, I had messages from yesterday around 3:30, so I guess they were down yesterday afternoon and we just didn't realize it. They got the computers back up, but I still had problems off and on during the day. I sure hope it kept all the data I entered.

I got all my gloves boxed up and ready to ship back on the truck next Tuesday. I am trying so hard to keep up with them.

I went to Wal-Mart at lunch and got cleaning supplies that I can deal with to go tomorrow to start cleaning Mama's house. I can't use bleach, Pine Sol and other strong cleaners. They make me so sick, so I got some that I can use.

Daddy called and asked me to pick up some medicine for him. Vance called and said he was over at Mama's working on my car. He's doing a front brake job. I told him I had to run an errand for Daddy then I would stop by there. I wanted to pick up some clothes and linens to bring home to wash.

I worked till 6:00, then went to CVS and picked up medicine for Daddy. Sat and talked with him a few minutes. His cat, Tiger, came and got up on the bed beside me and let me pet her. She has never done that before. She would just jump up beside me, then take off running. Daddy was sitting in his chair and she just came to me and wanted to be petted. She stayed beside me the whole time I was there. Daddy says he has to wear long pants or she will wrap herself around his leg when he tries to walk out the door. It's like she doesn't want him to leave her alone. She's a funny cat. I need to take a picture of her to share with all of you. She is a Cabby and doesn't have a tail. Her back legs are higher than her front and she runs like a rabbit.

I went to Mama's, but Vance had already left. I got the key and unlocked the screen door and dropped the key. It hit the step and fell through the crack under the porch. I ran my fingers in the crack, then thought there might be spiders or snakes and pulled my hand back. I got a screwdriver, but it wouldn't bend. I need one of those bendable magnets. I called Chip and he has another key. I went in Mama's and stripped her bed and grabbed all the clothes I could find to bring home and wash. I was going to take down the drapes, but then it would leave the windows open for everybody to see in. And Mama doesn't want the drapes put in the dryer. She wants them hung back up to dry. So, I should do them at her house.

I went to Chip and Angie's to pick up the extra key. Chip said he dropped it, too, but it bounced back towards him instead of under the house. McKinley was there. She is so cute. She can already say her ABC's, but she wasn't going to do it for me even though we tried to bribe her. Angie said "I'll give you a dollar." She said no. Katie said "Well, what will it take for you to say your ABC's?" McKinley said, "Give me all of your money." The girl knows what she wants!! And she's not even three yet. I gave her all the change I had in my pocket. I'm a sucker for cute kids. But, she still didn't recited her ABC's, but she did give me a hug and kiss. That's even better.

I came home and sat and talked to Vance for a few minutes, then went to Capt'n D's and got us something to eat. Washed two loads of clothes and watched a little TV and now I'm ready to go to bed. Got a lot of work to do tomorrow.

Goodnight and God bless..............

No comments: