Saturday, September 06, 2008

So Glad It's Friday

I sure didn't want to get up this morning. But, I did. Ate a bagel before I went to work. Was starving by 9:00, so I ate crackers. Why is it that eating breakfast makes me hungry all day long? And, why is it that all I want to eat is carbs?

Went in and talked to my boss this morning. He is so nice. We talked about me working late, coming in late some mornings, working through lunch and working overtime. I told him if I was 15 minutes late getting back from lunch, I would show it as vacation. He told me not to do that anymore. He said "Over the years, how many times have you worked over and never charged the company?" I said "Hundreds of times." He said not to sweat the small stuff anymore. Isn't he great? I told him how I would work late to make up the time I had to take off for my parents and he said that was fine. I told him I'd like to see if I could get a computer set up at home so that I could carry some work home from time-to-time. He said he didn't have a problem with that. I really think I could be more productive at home without all the distractions. I already bought a fax machine that I haven't even taken out of the box when they told me I'd be working from home if we ever had a flu pandemic. I'm going to check with the technical support people and see just what I need at home. If I can use my computer, or do I need to get a separate one? I know I'll probably have to upgrade my internet speed. It's something to think about anyway.

Mama called about three times. She said the physical therapist made her hang up towels, take them down and fold them today. She's doing pretty good, but says she is real tired. Penny called from Wal-Mart and told me she could only find two housedresses and they zipped. We both know Mama won't like that. And when Mama called me when I got home (at 7:00), she said she didn't like the zippered kind. I told her that Penny didn't have time to run all over town and look for the ones that snap. Penny had gotten off work at 4:00, went to Wal-Mart, then had to go pick up Swayde and then carry Tiffaney to work. I don't know if she ever made it to the nursing home. And Mama told me they were coming today to wash her clothes. I told her to just put on her pants and shirt until they got them back to her. She's become very demanding in her old age. I told her she needed to be appreciative of whatever Penny bought. She said she couldn't do a zipper. I told her "Mama, push the red button and call somebody to help you get dressed. That's what they are there for." She also said that Chip had gone over and put padlocks on the doors and where to find the key. I'm going to take it and get extras made, so we don't have to leave it hidden where somebody might find it. She wanted me to be sure and go tomorrow and get the groceries and carry them to Chad and Tabitha. She doesn't want them to go bad before she gets home.

Boy, was I busy today! Had several people come in checking on their vacation that they have left. I think I've got about 10 days. Wish I could take them and go someplace far, far away. But, that's just not possible.

Daddy called before lunch to get me to bring him money for the weekend. I decided I better go at lunch, cause I didn't know how late I would be working and I knew I'd be tired when I finally did get off. Grabbed a hamburger and came back to work.

I worked till 3:45 and was finished, or so I thought. When I tried to lock the timesheets, I had 15 employees kick out with some type of problem. I worked until 6:30 trying to find the problems. I found them all. I think I would make a good detective. I had to search the entire two weeks day-by-day to find most of the problems. A lot of the problems had to do with the storm days. I think I got everybody corrected properly. At least, they all locked. I have worked 15 1/2 hours overtime this pay period. That will be a good pay check next week. I could have shown about 5 more, but I chose to use those hours to make up for the time I took off to get Mama out of the hospital and then put her in the nursing home. That way, I didn't have to use vacation.

Well, I think I need to get into bed. Chad and Tabitha might come over in the morning and help me plant some of my flowers. Chad loves working in the yard now that he has one to work in. Plus, he's now working for a landscaper. Maybe he can give me some ideas. I need all the help I can get.

Have a great weekend. Goodnight and God bless................

No comments: