Saturday - Slept till around 8:30. Met Tabitha over at Mama's house around 10:00 and we started cleaning in the living room. Mama has smoked in there for years, so everything had nicotine on it. The windows were so yucky. You were spray them and watch yellow stuff roll down. It was gross! Tabitha is one hard worker. She pulled all the furniture out and vacuumed and then wiped the floor and walls down. I took all the pictures and knick-knacks and cleaned them. Mama has 100's of those. I know I didn't get them back in the right spots, but Mama assured me that it was okay (one of the many times she called to see what we were doing and to tell us repeatedly not to throw anything out).One time, she told me to go into her bedroom and look for something. I said "Mama, you've got a guitar in here." She said "Your Granddaddy gave that to Earl. Take it and give it to Trent." When I told Tabitha, she said "No, give it to Chad. He's learned how to play and all he has is Trent's little guitar to practice on. It's an old Stella Harmony acoustic guitar. It needs a strap and a new fret and probably new strings. Tabitha and I worked until 3:00, but got a lot done.
I went to Ace Hardware to try and get several more of the keys made, but they don't have a form for a Master padlock key. Said I would have to go to Panhandle Lock and Key. I went to Taco Bell and got something to eat and went home. Gave Vance a taco and I ate a burrito. He asked me if I wanted to go to the drag races. I was pleasantly surprised. We haven't been anywhere together in months. He said I would have to look the place up on the internet and find out what time the races started. They were having classic car races. I called and found out the gates opened at 4:00 and the qualifying started at 5:00. I changed into jeans, grabbed a jacket and my camera and we got in Mama's car and took off. After we turned onto the Marianna Cutout, we started looking for signs. We were told there would be a lot of signs, so I didn't even look for the County Road sign. I was looking for Breakaway Race Track signs. I drove and drove and finally told Vance that I thought the road we were looking for was way back the way we came. So, I turned around and finally as we topped a hill, I saw several trucks pulling trailers with cars on them. I told Vance I would follow them no matter where they went, so we fell in line and ended up at the race track. We had a blast. Vance, you will love this - the 1955 Chevy's kicked butt! They beat out the Mustangs for you Ford lovers out there. There was one Mustang that had a Chevy engine that was walking away from all the other Mustangs. The announcer said "The only good Ford is one built with Chevy parts." :) They even had a jet car and it broke the speed record. It went 219mph in the 1/8 mile. Wow! It was loud and it was fast. Now you see it; now you don't! The flame from it almost burned down the backboard. They were hosing it down before the car came up, but it still caught on fire. I'll try to upload the pictures tomorrow night after practice. It was around 11:00 when we got home, but I had a lot of fun. Next time, I will take a chair. I stood up the entire five hours.
Sunday - Boy, was I sore when I woke up. I almost rolled over and went back to sleep, but I knew I had to get up and go to church. I talked to Scottie about the guitar and he said he'd put new strings on it and tune it for me. He said he might even have a strap. I didn't know about the fret until tonight, but I'm sure Scottie can fix it. I took pictures for the Children's Church after our service was over. After church, I called Penny and asked her what she and Swayde wanted for lunch. I picked up lunch and went over to Mama's to help Penny clean. She had already done the bathroom and was working on the kitchen and the other half of the dining room that we didn't finish yesterday. We worked till after 4:00. Talk about exhausted! I was so tired. I came home and talked to Vance a few minutes, then laid down on the couch and fell asleep. I told Vance not to let me sleep all night, so he woke me up at 7:15. I had some messages from people, so I called them back.
Monday - work as usual. I just thought I was sore yesterday when I woke up. I could barely move this morning. My arms hurt so bad. They felt like lead weights. But, instead of taking a day of vacation like I really wanted to, I went to work. Made it to the safety meeting. What they talked about was way over my head. I just don't understand electrical terminology. I got the gist of it, but I could have been doing my timesheets instead of sitting there bored. Kim was sick, so I didn't have anybody to talk to. Got as much work done as I possibly could. Went to Arby's and got a chicken salad sandwich and rushed back to work. I worked till 5:00 and then had to stop and get gas before coming home. Called and apologized to Mama for not visiting this weekend. She said Penny had called and told her that I had been at the house both days working and that I was exhausted when I left her. Mama said she understood and that I needed to get some rest.
Came home and watered my plants. It hasn't rained in a few days and they looked really dry. Then, I sat down at the computer and went to the My Heritage website that I am working on. Tonya had updated some info. Thanks, Tonya. I found the copies that Grandmama Lightsey had written down and kept in her family Bible and entered all that information. Several in the family have joined the site. I just hope they start updating the info that pertains to their family. I want this to stretch as far as we can stretch it in every direction. I have more info on my old computer in The Family Tree program, but Vance has that computer.
Now, I'm getting really tired, so I better get ready for bed. Goodnight and God bless................
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment