Gallivanting Photographer Took a few days off from posting - just didn't have anything to post. Well, now I'm back, so here goes......
Went to Tallahassee on Saturday to attend a baby shower/tea for Michelle. Her mom, sister and nephew came from Orlando. It was so good seeing them all. First time meeting Dylan. He is adorable. He has the bluest eyes, almost transparent at times. I really like Michelle's family. We get along so good.
The baby shower/tea was so nice. The girls (I guess I can call them girls since I'm old enough to be their mother) outdid themselves with the food. Everything on the table was wonderful! Darcy served tea. It was very good. They had us draw pictures for an ABC book for the baby. Pam, Shannon and I are not artists by any means, but I think we did okay. Now, there were some there who did exceptionally well. The picture of a car that I drew doesn't hold a candle to the elephant, violin, etc. There's some talent in that bunch! Not only can they all cook, but they can draw, too.
Michelle got a lot of nice gifts. Sharon, your quilt was absolutely beautiful! Thank you for all your hard work. Michelle and Vance loved it! Was going to post pictures, but I can't get the "add image" icon to work. I click and click and it doesn't let me do anything. Must be something wrong with my computer; everybody else seems to be able to add pictures to their blogs. I'll go about it another way. Click here http://www.gallivantingphotographer.zoomshare.com/ and check out the pictures in the album "Michelle's Baby Shower-Tea" to see some of the photos.
After the shower, I visited with Vance a little while before heading back home. I was so exhausted when I got home. My wonderful husband was cooking homemade beef stew when I walked in the door. He is such a great cook. I laid down on the couch and took about an hour nap. Just had to recharge my batteries.
The newlyweds were back in church. They look so sweet together. Jamie got up and thanked everybody for everything. He said that between our church and his mother's church, their wedding and honeymoon did not cost them a dime. God is so good. They are still driving around with "Just Married" on their windows. I'd say they are just a little proud to be married and want everybody to know it.
So glad the space shuttle got off the launch pad with no problems. I'm praying for a safe trip and even safer return.
Found out today that an earthquake hit Florida yesterday morning. Some people here in town actually felt it. They said that nurses at Bay Medical saw the IV's swinging on the IV poles; they felt the building move. At the time it hit, I was in church on the platform before service and I didn't feel anything. I'm just glad it didn't cause a tsunami to hit anywhere in Florida.
Had to go to the courthouse at lunch and get a copy of my mother's deed to her house. She wants to put the house in her name and the three kids, so it won't go into probate when she dies. Took it by the lady who is drawing up the papers after work, then went to pick up the wedding pictures. I had to borrow my brother's camera and I don't know if the setting was off or not, but I'm not pleased with the pictures (11 rolls of them). I am very serious about retiring from photographing weddings. I'm sure Jamie and Judy will love them, but I don't like them at all. Having to work with cameras that I'm not familar with is just not a good thing. I'm going back to taking my nature shots and pictures of kids. That's what I like to do. Weddings are just way too stressful. Wasn't pleased with the shower pictures either. I'm trying to get used to my new Canon digital and I didn't have it set right. There is a lot of blur in some of the pictures. I just need to practice.
Yesterday, I came home from church so tired I could hardly eat before laying down on the couch for a nap. I didn't realize I had slept so long, but Vance said I slept for over four hours. That's why I couldn't get to sleep last night. It was 3:30 this morning before I finally dozed off. Was going to call in and take a day of vacation to rest, but decided I better save as many days as I can for when the baby comes. I'd also like to have a few days around Christmas if I can hold on and not take off. I didn't think I was going to make it home this afternoon before dozing off in the car. I had to keep slapping myself to stay awake. As soon as I got home, I took my contacts out and hit the couch. I slept for two hours. Vance was about to head to bed when I woke up. Now, it's almost midnight, so I need to get some sleep.
Good night and God bless.......
Tuesday, September 12, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Glad to read your blog and hear about the tea/shower.. Yes, those girls all are doing so good at being super moms.. Martha (Stewart) should be proud of them.. Have a good week..
Post a Comment