Gallivanting Photographer More temptation when I got to work this morning. Tina had made cinnamon rolls (they are to die for!) and brought some to Kim to share with me. I was proud of myself; I turned them down. Did I want them, not really. A few months ago, I would have eaten them and wanted more, but my sugar cravings are gone. Praise the Lord!
Andy, our old Power Delivery Manager, was visiting from Pensacola. I wish he was still here. He was a very good manager. He knew what was going on and how to fix the problems. Everybody loved him. And, he was very personable, not like the supervisor and manager we have now. You could sit down and talk to Andy. The new bosses look at you like you are from another planet if you go in their office just to have a friendly conversation. They don't know how to take me, cause I'll force them to talk to me. I'll just go in, sit down and start talking about my kids or grandkids and start asking questions and before you know it, they are talking about their kids. I bet when I leave they are totally baffled about what just went on. It's funny to me. Everybody else thinks I'm crazy to waste my time.
Several managers from Pensacola were here to help us celebrate a year without any accidents. That's a milestone for the type work our guys do. We had a big luncheon of steak, grouper, baked potatoes, broccolli with cheese sauce, tossed salad (no spinach) and dessert. I ate the potato, broccolli and salad. That was more than enough for me. I would have been miserable if I had eaten all that food. I was not planning to go at all, but my boss strongly suggested I be there. I had already made a hair appointment for 12:45. I was biting at the bit to get out of there, but had to wait for them to give us a gift (an overnight bag with Target Zero printed on it). As soon as I got my bag, I was out the door. Didn't stick around for the group photo. I was already 5 minutes late for my appointment.
I just got Marsha to trim the split ends and even up my bangs where I had been chopping on them. Had to deliver some Vemma to her. She said she did not ever want to run out. We compared our fingernails. Both of us had real soft nails that we could bend down, they were so soft. Now, there is no bending of our nails. They are hard and pretty. We definitely don't need fake nails. She also commented on how fast my hair has grown and how thick it has gotten. I already had thick hair, but she said it is thicker and healthier than it's been in years. She has only had one migraine and it was a mild one. She used to have at least one, sometimes more, a week and they would put her to bed. I know the feeling.
I had taken vacation for the rest of the day, so I didn't have to hurry back to work. I went to Office Max and hit on a great deal. I needed photo paper to finish printing Jamie and Judy's wedding pictures. I use Epson paper for my Epson printer and they were having a sale - buy one get one free. That was a blessing.
Had to go back to work to get money from the Credit Union. Kim called while I was in there and asked how my hair looked. I told her I'd be over at her office in a minute and went around and spent about 30 minutes with her. Just long enough to taste (just a taste) the homemade vanilla ice cream the guys had made. That little taste was plenty.
Came home and started working on the pictures. I took 10 rolls of film at that wedding, not counting the 100+ digital pics I took. I called Ro-Mo today to find out about my Nikon. They got an estimate from Nikon of $128 to repair it. I told them to go ahead. I love that camera. I did find out that there is nothing wrong with my Canon SLR. There was a roll mixed in with Jamie's wedding from the last wedding I did. There were no lines on those pictures, so it was the processing from Wal-Mart that caused the lines. Praise God for that! I didn't want to have to send my Canon off to be repaired, too. I certainly won't be using Wal-Mart in Callaway to do my printing anymore. I like Sam's better and it's cheaper, too. Just takes a little longer.
I think I will turn in early tonight. I'm really tired. Good night and God bless....................
Saturday, September 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment