

Gallivanting Photographer This is the picture of Shadow that I tried to post yesterday.
Also, a picture of the flowers Vance gave me. I had uploaded a picture of Vinnie laying on the couch on my pillows, but it just disappeared. Hopefully, when I publish this, it will reappear.
Today is Wednesday and I totally forgot about the safety meeting. I am supposed to go to work 15-30 minutes early on Wednesdays, but this morning I got to work about 10 minutes early. That wouldn't have been so bad. I could have still made most of the meeting, but when I pulled up Tina stopped at my car and we talked. She was checking up on the new cleaning people and wanted to know if they were supplying our bathroom and cleaning our office. I still did not realize it was Wednesday until I turned to go into the Warehouse and the big doors were shut. Then, it hit me like a ton of bricks. Oops! When I walked up to the door, it started opening, so I knew the meeting was over. Paul let me read the handout, so I went down to Kim's office and signed the roster. As long as we read the handouts or watch the videos, we can sign the roster. I felt so dumb. I guess this new responsibility stressed me out more than I realized.
One of the linemen told me he had talked to the Power Delivery Manager on my behalf about how stupid this new program was. He told the boss "She isn't complaining, so we're doing the complaining for her. She's already got too much to do without adding more to her." I thanked him, but told him I really didn't mind, but I was worried about not having a backup and how bad it would be on timesheet closeout Friday. I'm actually enjoying doing something different. I'm learning some new things and that's always good - to learn new things. We only had nine orders today and we completed six of them, so I think we're doing pretty good. True, my timesheets are getting a little behind, but I was able to catch them up after 2:30 when the crews stopped working the orders. That will give me two hours in the afternoon to catch up. Maybe I can keep up.
Tabitha became an aunt again yesterday. Her brother, Corey, and his girlfriend had a baby boy. I think they named him Jason. He was a month early, so he's not out with the other babies. Jessica from church had her baby yesterday morning. He was a big boy - 8lbs. 9 oz. She was a tiny little thing that looked like she had swallowed a huge beach ball. She and the baby are doing fine. Tabitha went in to see them last night when she went to see Corey's baby.
Daddy called and needed groceries, so I went to the store for him at lunch. We'll go eat lunch together tomorrow.
Mama was able to get an appointment with a surgeon - for October 30th! They sure don't get in any hurry. Penny found out and told one of the nurses at work. Her mother had a spot on her arm (but it was black-Mama's is hard and scaly and raised up like a wart). This lady went to see Dr. Siragusa. He biopsied it in his office and had her scheduled the next day to go to a surgeon at M.D. Anderson. Her's was cancer of the worst kind. Ruth told me last night that Dr. Kelly does charity work at Gulf Coast through Bay Cares. She told me to call him. Well, before I could do that, Penny had made an appointment with Dr. Siragusa for this Friday. She said she would take Mama. Talked to Penny tonight and Angie is going to take her instead, so that Penny doesn't lose any money. Gloria called me on the way home and told me her doctor, Dr. Slaven, takes a lot of Medicare and Medicaid patients. He said he left another practice, because the doctors wouldn't take those patients. He said that is what he got into the business for - not to live in a million dollar house and drive a nice car and go on vacations for months at a time. He's in it for the people whether they have money or not. That's my kind of doctor! This man must be a Christian. I've got to call Hazel tomorrow and give her his number cause he specializes in esphogus work. Maybe he can do something for her.
Kim called me right before I left for church and told me her washing machine overflowed and she was going to miss church cause she had to go to a laundromat and wash the clothes. She definitely needs this retreat this weekend.
Arnold preached again tonight and taught on The Lord's Prayer. We had an awesome Praise and Worship service. We pulled some older songs that several of the little kids (ages 8-10) had been asking us to sing. You can tell they really get into the Praise and Worship. They loved it.
Karen told me she had a dream about me last night. She said she was sitting at a long table eating somewhere and a woman walked in the door and sat down at the other end of the table. She said "I looked and looked at her. She was so beautiful. The more I looked the more I realized I knew her. Mrs. Pat, it was you. Your hair was longer. It was red, shiny, straight and so thick. It was the most beautiful hair I've ever seen on a woman. You told me you had lost weight. Yes, you had lost a lot of weight and had a figure to die for. Your skin was glowing and so tan. I asked you if you had been to a tanning bed and you said that you had just used those tanning lotions. You looked like a Bohemian goddess. I've always thought you were a beautiful lady, but you were absolutely gorgeous. You looked 20 years younger. When I woke up the dream was still so vivid that I asked the Lord if that was a vision of what you were going to look like in the near future or had I just ate something that caused me to dream like that." I cracked up at that statement. I said "I don't know, Karen, but I will take that as a promise of things to come. I'm looking forward to that gorgeous body." Who knows, she may have seen my glorified body - what I'm going to look like in heaven - and she may have been at the wedding feast in heaven. I bet if she had seen a mirror, she would have been drop-dead gorgeous. I guess I better get serious about that weight-loss. I've got a Bohemian goddess figure hiding in this body somewhere! I did tell her that my hair has gotten a lot thicker since I've been on the Vemma vitamins. Like I needed thicker hair. My hair has always been super thick.
Hey, maybe I will dream about her tonight and can tell her what she looks like. I bet she looks like a goddess, too, cause she is so pretty to me. I guess I better get to bed so I can dream. Good night and God bless...............

1 comment:
How do you survive being so busy.. Have a good day.. How is the rattlesnake bit guy Terry doing..Prayers and have a good day..
Post a Comment