Gallivanting Photographer Wow! What a busy day today. Woke up at 5:30 and moved to the couch. Slept for about another hour. Vance got up and went and got us breakfast from McDonalds. He ate and went and played golf.
I was very weepy this morning, so worried about the wedding. I was not happy with the pictures from last night with my new camera. The just seemed too dark. Now, it may have been because the church was dark. But they just didn't seem as crisp and sharp as my Sony digital. Since my Nikon is in the shop and my other Canon is putting streaks down the pictures, I was worried that I wouldn't get any good pictures. I cried and I prayed and I cried and I prayed. Then Tabitha called and said Chad and the kids wouldn't be at Beef O'Brady's cause they didn't have the money. I really cried then. I called Chad and told him I'd be more than happy to buy their lunch if he'd just come.
Arrived at Beef's and Vance and Michelle were waiting in their vehicle for me. Michelle could tell something was wrong and she tried to calm me down and tell me everything would be okay. As we were walking in, Tabitha came running out to greet us. She ran right up to Michelle and hugged her and started rubbing her belly and talking to the baby. She had a table waiting for us. Everybody started showing up - Chip and Angie, Penny, Tiffaney and Swayde, Corey, Katie and McKinley (she looked so cute with her little Pebble's hairdo), Tonya, Jeff and Mario. All the gang was there except Chad, Trent and Hope. I was telling Chip about my camera problems and he said "You can use my camera. It's a Canon EOS RebelX." Mine is a Canon EOS Rebel 2000. The lenses will all fit! I took some pictures with my new Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT just to see if the lighting would make a difference. I think it did. We had a good lunch and got out of there at 1:00. I went home and called Chip to see if I could come get his camera. Ran over there and then headed to the church. Everybody was supposed to be there at 2:00. Jamie and a few of the guys were there, but not all of them. Half of the girls were there. I couldn't get all the pictures I needed to take, but I got a few. The bride arrived about 10 minutes before the wedding was supposed to start.
This was a very cool wedding. The ceremony itself was an hour long. The attendants came in to the Muppets music "Hey, Somebody's Getting Married!" (or something like that - not sure of the exact name, but it was cute). Pastor Sammy did something that Jamie and Judy did not know about. He has always considered Jamie to be his spiritual son, so he gave him a father's blessing. I had moved to the front pew right in front of Patty, Jamie's mother. I reached back and grabbed her hand and we both cried like babies. It touched me so much. Jamie and Judy make such a beautiful couple. They laughed and cut up during the wedding and after they were pronounced man and wife, but before they were allowed to kiss, they were holding hands and I could see Jamie praying. I'm sure he was thanking God for bringing him such a wonderful wife. It was just so touching and romantic.
The reception was wonderful. Got a ton of pictures. I didn't sit down until I got in my car at 9:00 to come home. I was totally exhausted. Ran through Sonic and got some tea, so that kinda revived me. Downloaded the photos from the two digital cameras. Printed some from my new camera and they turned out really good. I guess it was the lighting last night. Today, they had more lights on. Praise God! I believe I'll be able to keep the camera.
I told Mrs. Sandi that I was retiring from photography and she said that was not allowed until she retired from directing weddings. We're going to have to sit down and have a talk about how much I should be charging and if I need to get a license and start getting serious. To tell you the truth, I really don't want to. I'd like to do weddings for really close friends and family, but no more than that. Trouble is, I've got a lot of friends and family. :)
Missy set me up some great shots and they turned out really well.
I ended up using three cameras and I think I got over 200 photos - probably closer to 300. I had to run to Winn-Dixie between wedding and reception to pick up more film and batteries. The reception was at Joe Moody Harris Park and it's a beautiful park. Got some great outdoor shots. I tried my best to post them, but can't get the pictures to download. I click on the picture icon and absolutely nothing happens. It's been doing that for the past week. I don't know what to do. It's frustrating, cause I really wanted to post some pictures from the wedding.
Oh well, maybe tomorrow it will work. Better get to bed. Tomorrow is another busy day and it's almost midnight. Good Night and God Bless.............
Sunday, September 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment