Not too busy at work today, so I went down and helped Kim file. Had my mid-year (?) review with my boss. I don't think he knows what to do with me. He's supposed to write down something that I need improvement on. How can you improve on a job that you've done for over 30 years and nothing has changed? I enter time on the computer. There is no way to change the way I do it. I'm faster than most of the timekeepers; I'm the one people come to with questions, so I didn't know what to tell him. I told him I needed to be re-certified on the forklift. (I took training on it about 6 years ago just because I wanted to. It wasn't required of me.) He said that was a good idea.
Had to take Daddy to the doctor again today. He's doing better. The doctor asked me if Daddy was taking his antibiotics. I said "No, I forgot to pick up the prescription yesterday." He said "He really needs those anitibiotics. I'll see if we have a sample to give him until you can pick up the prescription." He walked away and I started crying. Penny (my sister) was standing there talking to me and she said "You can't be expected to remember everything." He only missed one day, so it's not like he's going to die because I forgot, but I still felt so bad. I just have so much going on right now. We left the doctor's and I took Daddy by the pharmacy and picked up his meds. Now, I don't feel so bad.
After eating lunch with Daddy yesterday, I felt like one of those aura migraines was coming on. I was beginning to get dizzy and nauseated, so I took a Dramamine. Boy, was that a mistake! I got so sleepy. I was totally worthless the rest of the day. I kept going and getting coffee and tea hoping the caffeine would wake me up. I'd walk around outside - all that did was make me hot and sleepy. The guys in my office leave an hour before I do. 15 minutes after they left, I called the boss and told him I was taking 45 minutes vacation, cause I was afraid I was going to fall asleep in my office and the cleaning people would find me. Once I got home, I got busy rushing around to get ready for the get-together at Vance's mom's house and forgot about being sleepy.
We went to Vance's mom's and met with his side of the family. His step-brother, Michael and his family were here from New Jersey. There was 22 of us there and so much food! We could have fed an army. It was good seeing everybody. I took pictures, but haven't downloaded them into my computer yet. Guess I better do that first thing in the morning, so my memory stick will be empty.
I had to be at the church tonight for the rehearsal. Vance and Michelle are here! Pastor Sammy told Michelle how beautiful she was. He said "I've seen a lot of pregnant women and they don't all look good; but you have a glow about you. You are beautiful pregnant. It must be a God thing." He told me several times how beautiful she was. The wedding is going to be an hour long. I'm sure I will be able to get some good pictures. Pastor Sammy lets me have all the freedom I want so I can get good pictures. I took about 40 tonight just to see how my new camera works. I guess it's going to be okay. Came home and started printing some to check it out and my printer started messing up. It's printing symbols instead of the picture.
I had planned on staying at the church and vaccuuming, but Mrs. Sandi said Marian and Karen were coming in the morning to do it. I called Marian and she said around 9:00, so I left and went to the rehearsal dinner. Karen called me to find out where I was. She was at the church. I told her that Marian told me tomorrow morning. Karen said to call her back and tell her not to come in the morning; that she would do it tonight. I felt so bad cause I think Karen was by herself. The house we were at was absolutely gorgeous! On their patio, they have cement with hand and footprints with names and the date of the kids and grandkids. That's the walkway. What a neat idea. I should have taken pictures of it! I did get pictures of Mrs. Sandi with Vance, Joe, Jimmy, Jamie and Allen. She calls them her spiritual sons. This is the first time since 1999 that they have all been together. She taught all of them in Children's Church at Springfield Methodist, then they all moved to Straightway. Vance, Joe, Jimmy and Jamie had a Youth Band and they used to pile all their musical instruments (including a set of drums) in Vance's little station wagon and go minister at other churchs. She loved having them all together again.
Tomorrow is a big day. I'll try to print the pics I took tonight first thing in the morning. We're all meeting at Beef O'Brady's at 11:30 (my side of the family) so everybody can see Vance and Michelle. Vance and I have to be at the church at 2:00 to take pictures. The wedding is at 4:00, then the reception. Will probably get home around 8:00 or 9:00.
I told Pastor Sammy tonight that I was retiring from wedding photography after this wedding. I won't do another one until Tiffaney gets married. Penny assured me that won't be for at least two years; then no more until the grandkids. I didn't tell him about not getting paid for the last wedding. He would have been mad and said something to the couple. The girl is in Jamie and Judy's wedding. She and her husband did not even speak to me tonight. I guess they are mad because I didn't give them the negatives. Oh well! I forgave them for not paying me or even saying thank you, so they can forgive me for not giving them anything else.
Pastor told me about the wedding he did last weekend. He had spent 8 weekends counseling the couple and found out they went to Dothan two days before the wedding and got married. Why? Her father put out a bunch of money for the wedding at church. He could have saved his money. Pastor had to revise the wedding ceremony because they were already married. I just do not understand. Neither did Pastor. People seem to be getting weirder and weirder lately.
Well, it's midnight and I better get to bed. Vinnie (my dog) has been trying to get me to go to bed for about the last 30 minutes. He finally gave up and went and got in Vance's chair.
Good night and God Bless.............
Saturday, September 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment