Gallivanting Photographer This morning, I forgot to set the timer on the stove to wake me up. You see, I always move to the couch when the alarm goes off in the bedroom. I let the dogs out, set the timer on the stove to wake me up 15 minutes after Vance leaves (in case I fall asleep and I usually do) and lay down on the couch and sleep. The dogs usually wake me up scratching to come in. I let them in and fall asleep again. Vance wakes me up when he is going to work. He kisses me goodbye and I fall asleep until the timer goes off. This morning, I forgot to set the timer. Shadow realized I wasn't getting up, so she started nuzzling my hand. That didn't get my attention, so she started grabbing my arm with her paw and sticking her cold nose to my cheek. That got my attention! That's when I realized what had happened, so I jumped up and got ready for work. She used to be my alarm clock until I started setting the timer on the stove. She would make a great service dog for the handicapped. I guess she sees me as handicapped by sleep. I just love that dog!
I ate grapes on the way to work since I didn't get to prepare breakfast. They aren't quite as filling as oatmeal or grits but they hit the spot and were probably better for me anyway.
Second day with the new job responsiblities. The guys are really feeling sorry for me and asking why I have to do this work when I already have my hands full with timekeeping. I'll just go with the flow and see what happens. Tim called from Pensacola to see how I was doing. I told him I was getting the hang of it and hopefully hadn't made too many mistakes. He said I was doing fine; that he checked the orders I completed and they were okay. That's a relief. Yesterday, we only completed 8 orders; today we completed 14. It wasn't near as stressful today as it was yesterday. But it is a hassle doing a timesheet, getting a call, having to get out of STARS and go to ARMS. Wish I had two computers - a laptop would be great. I could take it with me to the bathroom. :) Instead, I take my steno pad and pen and take notes if they call. I managed to get most of my timesheets taken care of. The adjustments from last Friday will have to wait until tomorrow between 3:30 and 4:30 when nobody calls me. I just worry about what's going to happen when I'm sick or on vacation. Will they even let me go on vacation? My boss is on vacation this week, so I have nobody to ask.
Michelle called today. She went to the doctor. All is well with the baby. Praise the Lord!
Got an update on Terry (bitten by rattler Saturday). He's beginning to respond to treatment. Praise God! The doctors had called the family in because they believed the worst. They don't know everything, do they?
Mama called to tell me that the spot on her arm (that I tried to get her to see about months ago) is cancer. Dr. Reese is trying to find a surgeon who takes Medicaid patients. We don't have too many surgeons left in this town period, much less those who take Medicaid. I just pray he can find one quickly so she can get it removed. Please keep her in your prayers. He did say he didn't feel any swollen lymph nodes under her arm. That's a good sign.
I got home after Praise and Worship practice and Vance had bought me flowers. He said for no reason other than I was special. He is the sweetest man in the whole world. He knows I lean more towards the wildflower kind of flower. I don't know what these are, but they are beautiful to me. He does this several times a year - just pops in with flowers for no reason other than he loves me. I think he's missing me already. I'm going out to the beach Friday night and Saturday for a Ladies Chill Out weekend (the Ladies group from church). It's just going to be one big slumber party and time of fellowship. Tabitha and Kim are going too. It's going to be fun. I'll get to take pictures of the beach. Hope there is a beautiful sunset Friday night.
I was going to share a picture of Shadow and my flowers, but can't get the "Add image" button to work. Maybe tomorrow.
Good night and God Bless........................
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dogs and Prayer..Our God is an awesome God...!!!
Post a Comment