Sunday, December 16, 2007

Christmas Shopping Done - Well, Almost


I didn't get out as early as I wanted to this morning. I'm just not a morning person. I like to laze around the house for a few hours on Saturday morning. Was working on Christmas ornaments that I am making when Michelle called. She told me to set aside the Saturday after Christmas because she and the girls (Tabitha, Fran and Kim) were coming over to do a Clean Sweep of my house. Yes, I think I am finally ready to get rid of the clutter and put my house in order. I'm so tired of not being able to find things and just piling things up because there is no place to put them. When you've lived somewhere for over 20 years, you accumulate so much stuff! Some of it may be hard to part with, but I will try not to hold on to too much. What a blessing my girls and friends are to do this.


Went shopping when it started raining. Well, not too hard, so it wasn't so bad. I just don't like all the traffic and the crowds. Got most of it done for tomorrow's gift exchange. Just need to go get something to carry to eat. I guess I'll go to Sam's when I get out of church tomorrow, then I think I'll make a potato salad to carry. Michelle suggested gift cards so that's what I got for most everybody. Kim called while I was in Target (buying wrapping paper and bags). She said she would definitely be there to help with the house.


Came home and washed clothes and worked on my ornaments. I've got several to make before Christmas. Vance came home from playing golf and I told him I'd need his truck to carry things to Goodwill on the 29th. He said he'd leave it with me. I know he'll probably be glad to get some of this junk moved out. Hopefully, he will have the bedroom ceiling put in and the room painted so we can set up the furniture.


I cannot believe how hot it is right now, but Vance says it's supposed to get cold tomorrow night. Maybe it will feel more like Christmas. It's hard to get in the spirit when it's so hot outside.
Guess I better get to bed. Goodnight and God bless.................

No comments: