Monday, December 10, 2007

A Very Great Man Has Died

Yesterday, around noon, one of the greatest men I have ever known went home to be with the Lord - Pastor Fred Melvin. He was a most humble and gentle man. He taught me so much about the Lord. One thing that he was always preaching about was forgiveness. He told us to purpose in our hearts to forgive people even before they needed forgiving. No matter what they did to us, we were to forgive them. I took that to heart and made it a point to walk in forgiveness. Whenever I got hurt, I didn't let it get down deep enough to fester. Because of him, I learned to shake it off and go on. Have I gotten hurt; yes, many times. But I'd always remember what Pastor Fred would say "You've got to forgive them. Don't give them power over you to keep hurting you. They won't even remember what they did to hurt you; but if you don't forgive them, it will continue to hurt you. Always walk in forgiveness." Pastor Fred is going to be missed by a lot of people. He never had a platform like Billy Graham; but if you ever met him, you would never forget him. He was my spiritual father and I'm going to miss him terribly. I know that when he passed from this world, Jesus was standing there with open arms saying"Well done, my good and faithful servant." I'm sure there were 100's of people that had gotten saved in his ministry also waiting to welcome him home. And he will be there waiting when I go home to be with the Lord. My heart is heavy; but it is also very joyful knowing that he is no longer in any pain and his mind is sharper than it has ever been. God Bless You, Pastor Fred..........

That's all for today. Goodnight and God Bless..................

No comments: