Monday, December 03, 2007

It's Been a Good Weekend






Yesterday, Fran and I went to a craft sale at an old house that was moved from downtown. It's a beautiful old Victorian. The people who live there, move most of their furniture out and have the craft sale inside the house and on the porch. I love the house! Wish I had taken a picture of it, but I didn't. I'll have to go back one day. The porch has a gazebo on the end. I would live on that porch!

We walked through and talked to some people that I knew. James and Bobbie were selling birdhouses and angels that James had made. I bought two ornaments and a baby wipe dispenser that is covered in blue chenille. I've got a baby shower coming up and it will be perfect. We kinda rushed through so Fran could get back. She was leaving to go out of town.

After she dropped me off, I got in my car and went shopping. I went to a place that is pretty close to my house - Savannah's Garden. It's a gift shop which sells new and vintage items. I had just been telling Fran that I wanted to go to some yard sales and get some old Christmas ornaments. I found some vintage glass ornaments. Yes, they look old, but I love them! They are just what I was looking for. I got 12 of them for $1.00 each. I even got the original box they were in and it looks really old. I wish I could buy some of Grandmama Brown's old ornaments. I don't know what Bette will do with all the Christmas stuff. Grandmama has dozens of Rubbermaid containers full of Christmas decorations, old and new.

I went several other places and bought a few gifts, then I went back to the Old McKenzie House and bought a birdhouse and angel from James, two candles from a lady inside. Sure, I could probably make them myself, but they weren't that expensive and I loved the smells. It also gave me time to look closer at the house. Such a beautiful old house. The owner, Gina, said they would have the craft sale in a bigger place next year so they could have more crafters and she wouldn't have to move all the furniture in her house to make room. I think she had seven full-size Christmas trees in the house and they were beautiful. They belong to her, so they will be there after the crafters leave. I'd love to go back and see the house with her furniture back in place. I bet it's a showplace.

Went to Zaxby's and got their House Salad. It's so good. Vance came home and we went to the hospital to see Mac. He is so thin, but he's getting nourishment now through that feeding tube. He said the surgeon knew exactly what was wrong with him when he saw him. Why didn't his regular doctor run tests when he told him he couldn't keep food down? Vance said he needs to get a lawyer and sue. We stayed with Mac for about an hour until they came to get him for an x-ray. We left and went to Appleby's for supper. First time we've gone out to eat in a while. It was very good. I actually ordered a steak. I usually order the salmon, but they have good steaks and I just wanted one.

Today, we had an awesome service at church. Praise and Worship was great and Mrs. Sandi preached on faith. Kind of a follow-up on what Pastor Sammy preached last Sunday. They work well together. After church, I went to Zaxby's and got another salad. Also got some onion bites for Vance. He loves the blooming onion from Outback, so I thought we'd try these and see if they were any good. It was pretty good (not as good as Outback) but will work when we get the craving for a blooming onion and don't want to drive clear across town.

I've been making Christmas ornaments out of old CD's that you get in the mail trying to get you to sign up for AOL or some other provider. I saved them all, knowing I could find something to use them for. Just covered them with scrapbook Christmas paper and used pictures of Chad's family that I took Christmas two years ago, added some glitter and they look pretty good. That's one way to recycle something and get my pictures on the tree without costing an arm and a leg buying frames.

Now, it's time to get to bed. I missed my Sunday nap, so I'm pretty tired. Goodnight and God bless....................

No comments: