Saturday, December 22, 2007

Only 3 Shopping Days Left.....




I slept in this morning. Boy, I could get used to this vacation thing. It's been so long since I've had one that I'd forgotten what it was like. I'm not used to sleeping late, but I slept till 8:30 this morning. But, the bad thing about getting so much sleep is that I have no energy the rest of the day. Doesn't make sense, does it? But that's the way my body works. I couldn't get started doing anything this morning. Finally, around 10:00 I started getting myself ready to go shopping. As I was straightening my hair, my next door neighbor came knocking on my front door. I looked a sight, but I answered the door anyway. She wanted to know where I wanted her to put the basketball goal that they were giving to Trent. Her son is moving out and doesn't want to take it with him, so they decided to give it to Trent. She had already talked to Vance about it. I told her just anywhere in the front yard and I thanked her for it.

Finally left the house about 11:30 or 12:00. Decided to go to Wal-Mart and just walk around until something struck my fancy. Bought Trent a new basketball and looked for a replacement net, but couldn't find one. After about two hours of shopping, I went to Chick-Fil-A to get something to eat. I had forgotten to eat breakfast, so I was getting pretty hungry.

Came back to the house just as Vance was trying to get the basketball goal in his truck. I helped him load it and he went to deliver it. He said they set it up and were playing when he left - Trent and two of the neighborhood boys. When he got back, he took his shower and got ready for my party at Rodeo's.

I had no idea what I was going to wear to the party, so I went looking through my closet this morning. Found a pair of black pants that I haven't worn in over two years and they fit, so I deceided to wear the black shirt Michelle and Vance gave me and bought a black Christmas vest to go with it. It looked very festive. When we got to the party, Vance seemed to be having a good time, talking to a couple of the guys he knew. Scotty told him he has a twin. That he had run into a man last night that looked just like Vance and even chased him down and was talking to him when the guy said he had mistaken him for somebody else. Scotty didn't know that Vance had shaved off his beard. He said the guy was the spitten image of Vance with a beard. I had heard there was somebody in town that looked like Vance. We had a good meal and was there for two hours before coming home. Vance had not realized it was my church party. He thought it was my work party. But, I think he enjoyed himself anyway. Maybe he will realize that church people aren't snobs; they are real people like himself.

I've still got a little more shopping to do, so I guess I'll do some more tomorrow. Now, it's time for bed. Goodnight and God bless...................
These are a few pictures I took when we all got together last Sunday.

No comments: