Christmas is officially over. Whew! It has been a whirlwind of activity around the Rutherford house. As usual, I waited until the last week to do my Christmas shopping. Actually, did most of it Christmas Eve. Got some great bargains and the lines weren't very long at all. Some places didn't even have lines. Tabitha and I shopped together, which was a lot of fun. We enjoyed spending the time together. I mean we shopped until we literally dropped! Had to rush home to get over to Chip and Angie's to celebrate with my family. I didn't even have time to change into my Christmas outfit, so I just went "as is." Check out www.picasaweb.google.com/rutherford.patricia for our Christmas album.
After celebrating with the Brown's, Tabitha and I did some more shopping. Then, I went home exhausted and rested a little while before Kim came over for a visit. Really enjoyed seeing her. She had people in and out of her house all day, so visiting with us was a nice, quiet part of her day.
After Vance went to sleep, I wrapped all the gifts and got to bed around midnight. I used to stay up all night long and wrap gifts, but I guess I'm getting too old for that tradition. I need my beauty rest. Vinnie woke me up around 2:00. Guess he heard Santa flying overhead, cause he wanted out to bark at something. :) Vance got up around 3:00 to stoke the coals and put the ham on the smoker to cook.
Daddy called around 8:00 to wish us a Merry Christmas. He was going to eat with his sister, Rose, and her family. I wanted to invite him over to our house, but Mama was coming and she doesn't want to be around him. She tends to hold grudges for decades. It makes it real hard on me, cause I'd like to be with both parents. After all, they are 77 and may not be around too many more years. Christmas day is Mama's birthday.
Penny called and needed Vance to come over and hook up a battery charger to the 4-wheeler that Swayde got for Christmas. He was glad to help. He went at 10:00 to pick up Mama and Chad, Tabitha and the kids got here right after they did. We ate Christmas dinner around 11:00. Vance cooked the turkey and ham and Tabitha cooked dressing, turnips, black-eyed peas, mashed potatoes, gravy, rolls and pumpkin pie (which we didn't even cut - we were so full). We opened gifts and then they had to leave and I took Mama home. Sat with her about and hour, then came home exhausted. I came in the house and Vinnie walked over to the door and just stared at it. I thought maybe he was waiting for somebody to come, but then I realized we had not given him and Shadow their gifts. They were in a stocking hanging on the back of the door. I started to reach for it and he jumped up and started wagging his tail. Shadow didn't really care, but Vinnie was excited about his toys. He knew he was supposed to get something, too. He's 14 years old, and knows that we get him a gift every year. You can't tell me dogs aren't smart!
Started to take a nap and Daddy called, so I went over to his apartment and took him his gifts. Sat with him about an hour and a half, then came home. Vance cooked the dressing that Debb had made for us and we ate supper. He said "Now, that's good dressing." Debb was so sweet to make it for us and yes, it was delicious!
All in all, we had a wonderful Christmas, until I talked to my mother-in-law and found out that the doctors say Mac has colon cancer. That really put a damper on things. But, he's been healed of lung cancer, so I believe he can be healed of this, too. We will be praying and asking others to pray with us for his healing.
Let's never forget the real reason for the season - Jesus Christ. Like Trent prayed today when he said grace "Heavenly Father, we thank You for this food and ask You to bless it to our bodies. Thank You for the birth of Jesus, cause without Him, we wouldn't have Christmas. Amen." What a blessing coming from a 9 year old. Such wisdom...........
Goodnight and God bless.........
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment