Saturday, December 15, 2007

Have You Ever Lost Something Important?

This has been a very busy week at work. So many people are on vacation that I didn't get the timesheets every day like I usually do. That meant several days worth to do yesterday and today. I worked until 5:30 last night trying to catch up. Was supposed to go by my mother's to carry her some money and I completely forgot. I was so tired when I left work that I just headed home. Didn't remember until I was on my way to work this morning.

I was supposed to go to Chipley for a retirement reception for one of my co-workers that I have known for 37 years. Did I get to go? No, I had too many timesheets to do. So, I met my sister-in-law, Angie, and a friend that I used to go to church with and play softball with, for lunch. We had a good time while eating Mexican food. That's the first time ever that I have been able to eat lunch with Angie. When she worked at the school, she couldn't leave at lunch. Now that she works at the School Board main office, she can go out to lunch. We'll have to do this again sometime.

When I was getting ready to finish my timesheets, I realized that I had not entered the time for the Transmission crew. Richard brought me the timesheets for the week yesterday afternoon and I faxed them to Pensacola to be signed. What I did with the originals, I do not know. I looked high and low for them and could not find them. I was in a panic. I knew the supervisor in Pensacola was on vacation, so I was getting more upset by the minute. What on earth was I going to do? Debb called while I was freaking out and close to tears. She tried to calm me down. She prayed for me and tried to help give suggestions. Before we got off the phone, she said "Pat, can you do something for me? It's very important. I need you to come over to my house when you get off this afternoon." I told her I had to go to my mom's first, then I'd come over there. I still couldn't find the timesheets. I went over to the main office and looked through the mail bag thinking I might have put them in an envelope. Couldn't find them. It's possible that I did put them in an envelope and it got mailed yesterday. I tried calling the supervisor and of course, he was not in. I looked at the older timesheets that had a signature on it and it was another person altogether. I could read his first name, but not his last. I kept searching through the timesheets until I was able to read LU of the last name. So, I went to my email account, pulled up the company address book and typed in LU. I scrolled down until I found the first name and this person just happened to be in Pensacola in the Transmission Dept. I called and he wasn't in. I was crying by this time and figured I would just have to enter some account number for the guys to get them paid and then go back in on Monday and correct the timesheets. About five minutes later, the guy called. I asked him if he had gotten the timesheets I had faxed to the other supervisor and he said no, but he'd look for them. He called me back and said he found them. I asked him to please fax them back to me and explained that I had lost the originals. In 30 years of doing timesheets, I have never lost a timesheet. He was very gracious and immediately faxed them to me. Thank You, Lord! I don't ever want to go through that again.

I got off work and went to Mama's. We talked about 45 minutes and then I left to go to Debb's. She made me sit down in her recliner and she got me a glass of tea to drink. Then, she gave me a gift certificate from Bath and Body Works and told me she thought I needed it before Christmas. She told me to go there tomorrow and buy something that would soothe my weary spirit. I am so blessed to have friends who really care about me. She was the one who called Saturday when I was trying to figure out how to rearrange my living room so I could put up a Christmas Tree. I was crying then, too, and thinking the world would be a better place if I wasn't in it - well, at least Vance would be better off. He wouldn't have to put up with all my junk in the house that I can't bear to part with. She calmed me down and I was able to think rationally and only had to move one little end table out of the living room. I decorated and it looks good.

Was talking to Fran about my episode Saturday and she said we needed to do a Clean Sweep of my house (Michelle and Tabitha have been trying to do that for years). She said she could come over and help me rearrange the living room so it would look totally different. Don't know how Vance would feel about that. He doesn't like to change. He wouldn't let me get rid of the ugly drapes in the living room for over 20 years. Finally, I was putting up the Christmas tree a few years ago and the drapes literally fell apart in my hands when I opened them up. I jerked them down and put up curtains Debb had given me. I changed them out this year, and he hasn't said anything.

I also realized today that I have to go Christmas shopping tomorrow. The Rutherford get-together is Sunday afternoon. I've got six more presents to buy! I just can't seem to get going this year. I had planned on meeting some of the ladies from church and going to see "The Chipmunks" movie tomorrow. I think that's probably out. Since I don't like to shop and have no earthly idea what to buy, I'll probably be hitting the shops all day. I hate to shop by myself. Tabitha and I are planning on going shopping right before Christmas. That's more my style. I love to shop Christmas Eve. You can get some really good deals. Then, I like to stay up all night wrapping presents. That's a tradition that's gone by the wayside. Now, our families celebrate a week before and on Christmas Eve. That leaves Christmas Day for Vance and I to be alone. He wants to cook and invite somebody over, but everybody seems to have other plans. And I can't invite my parents cause they are divorced and don't get along. Hate to invite one and not the other, so looks like we'll all just be alone on Christmas Day. Maybe Vance and I can get started putting up the ceiling in the spare bedroom. He's planning on doing that and painting the week of Christmas. I can't be off that week because of timesheets, but I'll be off three days next week and the 31st. Maybe I can get some of the stuff moved out of the room so he can move around in there.

Time for bed if I'm going to get an early start tomorrow. Goodnight and God bless................

No comments: