It was a really stressful day at work. Timesheets have backed up, the system went down...... Not good since tomorrow is close-out day.
Then, I get home and go into my computer room. Like I said yesterday, it looks like a tornado hit. I started throwing stuff out, uncovering things that I'd lost. I put things in a bag to go to Goodwill and a bag to carry to Kim. It still looks like a tornado hit! I'm overwhelmed, ashamed and embarrassed about the way it looks. Michelle will be here tomorrow to start decluttering. I got so stressed that I thought I was going to have one of those dizzy/vomiting attacks. The room started spinning and I started praying. I can't let this get to me like this. I had to stop and go sit in the living room cause my back got to hurting. I was close to tears and told Vance that they all
would be better off without me, then they could just come in and throw everything away. He said "No, we wouldn't be better off without you." At least, I'm not as bad as my grandmother yet. You should see her house! It's not like those hoarders you see on TV where you can't walk cause things are stacked to the ceiling, but there is furniture everywhere and the closets are stuffed with things. Then, she had four sheds built to hold stuff. I think I counted 12 big plastic containers full of Christmas decorations and then there were Santas in boxes everywhere. No, I'm not that bad yet. But, she had 50 years living in that house to accumulate things. I've only been here 21 or 22 years. Maybe, with Michelle and Tabitha's help, I won't ever get that bad.
Even though I still haven't finished this room, I'm too tired to do anything else. I've got to get to bed so I'll be able to work tomorrow and then come home and help Michelle. It's going to be a long weekend. But, I'm looking forward to seeing what the house looks like when we get through. God bless Michelle, Tabitha, Kim and Fran. Fran can't really do anything until we get ready to move furniture. Then, she can show us where to put things. She's had surgery and can't lift anything. I think I'll tell her to wait until Saturday afternoon to come. Maybe we'll have a room ready to be decorated. That's her expertise.
Goodnight and God bless.............Please say a prayer for us, especially me - that I can let go of things and learn to get organized and stay that way.
Friday, December 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment