Yesterday was mine and Vance's 37th wedding anniversary. Wow! That's a long time. But, then I think about my grandparents who were married 70 years and 37 doesn't seem very long at all.
Yesterday was also the day we buried Pastor Fred. What a wonderful celebration we had. There were over 500 people there to give their respects. We sang, we laughed and we cried many a tear. Beautiful words were spoken during the two-hour service. Two hours seems like a long time for a funeral, but it really didn't seem that long. I reconnected with many of my Springfield family during the visitation Monday night and visitation right before the service began yesterday. It was more like a family reunion than a funeral. Yes, we were sad; but we all knew that Pastor Fred would be waiting for us in heaven when our days on this earth are done. What an awesome man he was. He will be missed by hundreds. The funeral ended with an audio of Pastor Fred singing "The Anchor Holds". That was one of his favorite songs. "Goodbye Pastor Fred. I'll see you again on the other side." And I will always remember what he taught me - forgive, forgive, forgive.......
Goodnight and God bless................
Thursday, December 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment