Monday, December 31, 2007

Day 3

Another very busy day. Got up and got ready for church. Tina and Tony were out, so that left us short-handed with musicians. Steve even asked Vance if he would play, but Jamie and Scotty showed up. Pastor Sammy preached on John 5:1-16. We had quite a few people there today and one visitor got saved. Praise the Lord! That's what it's all about. Fox did great in the nursery. He attached himself to Mrs. Lettie - most of the kids do. We stayed around a little while so Vance could talk to people. Michelle had stayed at the house and she and Vance took some more boxes to Goodwill.

When we got home, Michelle met me at the door and said "I hope you're okay with what we did. I called Chad over to help me move the china cabinet into the living room." I told her that I always wanted it there and I was glad she had gotten my vision. But, she said I had to get rid of the sofa table. No problem. It wasn't my style anyway. Chad even had a great idea about the big piece of furniture in the dining room - to move it over beside the kitchen cabinets and use it for a pantry. That way we don't have to get down on hands and knees to find food in the cabinets. Great idea!

I had called Tabitha and told her to meet us at PoFolks so we could eat before we got started. When we got there, it was packed and the front porch was loaded with people waiting to get in. We decided to go to Arby's instead. We all ate and headed home. Vance took Fox to put him down for a nap. Michelle and I got busy and then Tabitha came over. Kim followed, so all four of us were busy in the kitchen. Tabitha and I moved the new pantry into position. It's going to be great. Kim, Tabitha and I got down and unloaded the lower cabinets. There were things in there that have been there since we moved in - oil lanterns, oil, empty mason jars. We threw out a lot of stuff. Kim put down shelf paper and we moved the food into the new pantry. We decided to use the lower cabinets for cleaning supplies, small appliances that we don't use all the time, etc. It looks so uncluttered! Tabitha got up on the counter and cleaned and moved stuff around on the tops of the cabinets. I have a black and white toile tea set that I just love. I think I've decided I want to paint the kitchen red (where the wallpaper is under the cabinets), a creamy yellow everywhere else, black and white toile curtains and pops of red mingled throughout.

Tabitha told me that her sister, Tiffany, wants to give me new counter tops at her cost and she will install them for free. That would really change the look of the kitchen. And also replace the cabinet in the bathroom. I would love that.

Vance talked me into getting rid of the treadmill. The readouts don't work and I can't compete against myself, so it's boring to walk on it. And it's taking up valuable space. I had held off cause I was afraid I'd hurt his feelings. He bought it for me several years ago. I used it then and it helped me lose weight, but it's just boring to me now. So, off to Goodwill it goes tomorrow.

Michelle, Tabitha and Kim did a lot today. Tabitha is coming back tomorrow morning to help me some more on the dining room (which will now be called the craft room.) Next, I'll tackle the computer room. I plan on putting the computer in the craft room when we can set it up. I talked to son, Vance, and he said I could put it where I want to and just run a longer phone line to it. Eventually, we'll get cable hook up (which I already have in that room). After they all left, I rested a few minutes, then started cleaning out some more stuff. I'm beginning to get the hang of this. I've thrown away stuff that I never thought I'd part with. And I didn't need anybody to tell me to throw/give it away. God has really been in the midst of all this. There has not been a single cross word spoken from anybody. We're still all friends.

I feel my spiritual life getting stronger as I clear away the clutter. I believe this is going to be a good thing for me and for Vance. That our home will become a sanctuary instead of chaos. That our lives will become even more peaceful than it already is.

That's all for tonight. It's almost 2:00am and I think I need a little sleep before I get started again tomorrow. Goodnight and God bless.............Especially bless my angels: Michelle, Tabitha, Kim, Vance, Vance,Jr, and Chad. I couldn't have done this without them.

No comments: