Friday, December 21, 2007

Only 4 Shopping Days Left.......


Only 4 shopping days left and I'm going to use up every one of them. Got a little done today, but still have a lot to do. I'm just not cut out to shop. It's not something I enjoy, cause I just don't know what to buy for other people. I've seen a lot of stuff that I'd like for myself. As a matter of fact, I bought myself a Christmas vest today to wear tomorrow night to our Church Christmas Dinner (60% off - it pays to wait till the last minute). Vance even said he'd go with me. Biggest shock of my life. He never, ever wants to go to parties with me. I'm usually there by myself or with the other single women. It will be nice to have a man with me for a change. I'm hoping he will enjoy himself and see that the people I go to church with are just people like him, not a bunch of stuck-up, holier-than-thou snobs.


I've made a bunch more ornaments and still have a few more to go. I've got to go back to the office tomorrow and pick up some more of my old photo CD's. I don't want to use new ones. That would be a waste. I'll use the ones that have already been used for my pictures. I've just backed them up again, so the old CD's are just duplicates.


We had a Christmas dinner at work today, so I went for that. It was really good - pecan-crusted whitefish, baked beans, cole slaw, potato salad, hushpuppies and peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream for dessert. I stuck around for three hours just talking to some of the employees. Then I went to Goody's to do some shopping. Ran into Angie Coleman, who used to work with us. She was doing so good selling MaryKay that she quit and started doing that fulltime. I think she now drives one of the pink Cadillacs. I saw one in the parking lot when I drove up and thought of her. I know she had already gotten a car five years ago from MaryKay and she was still working with us at the time, cause she picked me up for about six weeks when I broke my foot and couldn't drive and we rode in the car she had just gotten.


Penny called as I was leaving Goody's to ask if I could pick Swayde up from daycare and keep him while she worked late. No problem. I went to Wal-Mart and did a little more shopping, then picked Swayde up. He was very good. Had candy from his school party that he was eating while I worked on some ornaments. He would have eaten it all if I hadn't stopped him. But, he did share. He doesn't like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, so he gave three of them to me. That was sweet of him. He even took some Christmas paper and made me an ornament.


Penny and Tiffaney came by to pick him up. They walked around my tree looking at the ornaments I had on it, especially the ones I made this year.


Now, it's time for me to get to bed. I've got work to do tomorrow. I haven't had a chance to work on the house yet. Michelle called and wanted to know what I had gotten done. I've been too busy. I need to get all the rest of my shopping done tomorrow, so I can work on the house this weekend.


Goodnight and God bless...................

No comments: