Thursday, August 14, 2008

Bad Weather Today


Yesterday, I got soaking wet when I got to work and it was storming. I sat in the car a few minutes, but it was getting later and later, so I jumped out and ran inside. I had Mama's umbrella, but it couldn't cover my legs. My pants were soaking wet. Got inside and about froze; the A/C was so cold.

I got caught up on my timesheets and was able to do a lot of filing that has been piling up for months. As soon as I get another spare hour or so, I'll throw out a lot of files that we don't have to keep anymore. Will probably be able to free up a whole filing cabinet. I was under the impression that I had to keep my timesheets for seven years, but found out that I only have to keep two plus the current year. Boy, will that free up a lot of space.

Today, it rained again. But, I got in my office before the really big downpour. We watched it rain and the rain was blowing sideways. It looked like a tropical storm had hit. And we had a lot of outages. Had to call in extra crews from Destin and Ft. Walton.

We had a United Way Kickoff ice cream social at work this afternoon. Brownies and ice cream; really good.

Came home and then left for church. We had another good service. Pastor Jim preached. Pastor Sammy is sick.

Now, I'm getting tired, so I'm going to bed. Hopefully, tomorrow night I can work on my web site. I've made a couple of pages, but can't figure out how to add them to my website. I guess I may have to call an IT person to walk me through it. Reading the book hasn't helped. It doesn't mention anything about how to update the website.
Goodnight and God bless.............

No comments: