Well, got my usual 2 hours sleep last night. Got up at 4:00 to get ready for work. Boy, was I tired! Went in to work at 6:00 and the Georgia crews were loading up suitcases into their trucks to head home. But, we all had breakfast, then just hung out. We were so blessed. Panama City stayed in the eye of the tropical storm the entire time. We had less than 2 inches of rain while everybody around us was getting pounded. We were told at 8:00 that we could go home. I had taken extra clothes just in case we were released closer to church time, but I went home and changed, then went to church. I was so tired, I found myself almost dozing off. I kept slapping myself so that I could get to church. I almost turned around and went home, but I knew I needed to be at church.
Once I got to church and we started singing, I got re-energized. Thank the Lord, Pastor Sammy is an animated preacher. I would have fallen asleep with a preacher who just speaks softly and never raises his voice and never gets excited about the Word of God. But, Pastor Sammy is excited about what God is doing. We had a lot of visitors today. The church is filling up, praise the Lord. One of the men that has started coming from the Rescue Mission came up and asked for prayer. He has had AIDS since 1995 and now needs to have his blood removed and new blood put in to replace it. God has really done a work in his life since he got saved. He was able to lay down the cigarettes and alcohol and hasn't picked them back up. I believe God is going to completely heal him of AIDS. I've seen Him do it before and I know He can do it again. The day of miracles is not over.
On my way home, I called Vance and Michelle. They have a tree that is leaning towards their house and needs to be removed. They were blessed and didn't get any of the flooding that some parts of Tallahassee experienced. They are pretty high where they live.
After eating lunch, I went to bed for a very long nap - about 5 hours. I was so exhausted. Talked to Olga on the phone for about two hours. When you're talking about the goodness of God, time just gets away from you.
It's almost midnight and I've got to go to work tomorrow, so I guess I better try to get some sleep. Goodnight and God bless...............
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment