Yesterday was a pretty busy day. Worked on the storm timesheets. Haven't gotten caught up yet, but I'm getting there. Had to go buy some groceries for Daddy at lunch. Had planned on working through lunch, but I had to go since I wouldn't be able to after work and would be in Pensacola all day today.
Left my office at 3:30 to go to the beach office to meet Sheila. I parked Mama's car inside the gate and we loaded up and went to a nail spa where we treated ourselves to a pedicure and I also had my nails painted. I haven't done that since Michelle, Pam and I went the day before Fox was dedicated at church last Mother's Day. It was so nice. I may just have to do this more often. (Michelle, I was able to find the same polish I got last time - I'm Really Not a Waitress.)
After we left there, we went to Destin and stopped at Belk's. Vance needed a new belt. The cheapest one we found was $32. Sorry, but I'm not paying that for a belt. When we were in the parking lot, Michelle and Fox called. Michelle got Fox to recite the Lord's Prayer for me. She would say a phrase and he would say it right behind her. I turned my phone on speaker so Sheila could hear, too. She enjoyed it as much as I did. It was so sweet. We went to Ross' and found the same belt that I had seen at Belk's for $12.99. Tommy Hilfiger, reversible, black and brown. Perfect!
As we were walking to the car, Michelle called back so we could hear Fox say his prayers before bed. It was so precious. Just made my evening that much more special. Sheila's, too. You guys have got to get that on video and put it on your blog. So, when I'm having a bad night, I can click on it to cheer me up. I sure could use it right now.
Sheila and I got to Pensacola around 9:00 and went to Outback to eat. Got a steak, sweet potatoes and asparagus. It was good, but I couldn't eat it all. Checked in our motel. I ended up in a suite. God is so good. It had a living room, dining and kitchen, then a door to go to the bedroom and bathroom. Two TV's - one at the foot of the bed.
I brought all the stuff to treat myself to a facial. I tried to read a book, but got sleepy. I was actually asleep before 11:00. The bed was sooo comfortable! I don't think I moved all night. Got a good night's sleep.
We got up early enough to eat a free breakfast downstairs. I had grits, eggs and bacon. We went to the office - which was right across the street. It was good to see the girls from the STARS team in Atlanta. I've gotten to know them pretty well over the phone. Katrina and I have even sent gifts back and forth. I wish I had carried my camera in and taken pictures of them. I forget that I have a camera phone.
Several of us went to Zia's Restaurant for lunch. It's also right across the street. It was pretty good, too.
We were able to end the meeting earlier than expected. There will be several more meetings in the near future because there are three more programs that will be implemented that will affect our timekeeping. Timekeeping as we know it now, will be totally changed. Hopefully for the better, but we don't know yet.
Sheila and I headed back home, but took a detour through Blue Mountain Beach, Seaside, Rosemary Beach and all those in between. We stopped in Seaside (where the movie "Truman" starring Jim Carrey was filmed). We were looking for a restroom and wanted ice cream. Found Sheila's stepson's girlfriend at the shop she works at. I almost bought the cutest straw hat, but Sheila talked me out of it. She said it looked great on me, but would I really wear it. Yes, I would, but not very often. Not enough to spend the money. Sheila got an ice cream cone and I got a Toasted Coconut Iced Coffee. It was scrumptious and not too sweet. Most iced coffees are just too sweet and make me nauseated if I drink the whole thing. Not this one. It was perfect.
When we got back to the beach office to pick up Mama's car, we realized we couldn't get in the gate. It had been struck by lightning and our ID cards would not open it. It just so happened that one of the meter readers was still there and he was able to get it to open from the inside. I thanked Sheila for making yesterday and today such a great day and headed home. Stopped by Chick-Fil-A and got sweet tea. Yeah, I'm on it again. I've got to stop again, but right now my emotions are just too messed up.
Vance had cooked a pot roast and it was ready when I got home. He said he was afraid all I had eaten was junk and he wanted me to have something good to eat. Isn't he the greatest?
I called Mama to let her know I was home. She's still not eating or drinking. I think she is giving up. She says she probably should go into a nursing home (which she would hate). I offered for her to move in with us and she said that wouldn't help her because we weren't home during the day and she couldn't be stand to be around our dogs. I got so upset when I got off the phone. Vance had already gone to bed, so I just sat and cried. I'm worried about her mental and spiritual state, but don't know what to do other than pray. I called Penny and she said we need to meet with Chip and Angie this weekend and see if we can start carrying food to Mama. I suggested setting up a calendar so we'd know who was taking food on which day. Tabitha has even offered to help out. Please pray for my mother and for wisdom for us to know what to do.
Okay, enough for tonight. I'm exhausted and I've got to get some sleep.
Goodnight and God bless...........
Friday, August 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment