Monday, August 11, 2008

Sleepy Sunday


Got up and got ready for church. We had a great service. Mrs. Sandi preached today. Pastor Sammy was sick. She preached on seeing into our future and quit focusing on the negative things we are going through today. God always brings us through the problem and we've just got to see that there is an end to that problem. Our past is only to be used as a teacher. The present is an opportunity for God to work in our lives. The future is not to be feared; it is not our enemy. We had a lot of people go up for prayer afterwards. We also had a lot of visitors and several families who have visited before came back today. It's exciting to see the church grow.

Kim and her family went to a friend's house today. They were having a gospel sing there. Several local bands.I know she had a good time. Tabitha and the kids went with her brother to another church. She called and let me know that they are not leaving our church, but her brother wanted them to visit his church. She said she enjoyed it, but it's not where she's supposed to be. I was glad to hear that. I would hate to lose my real family at church. I have gone so many years alone and it's so good to have family with me. One day, I pray that Vance will be with me. It is so hard being spiritually single. Tabitha is having a hard time, too. She wants Chad with her and she feels lost without him. I know exactly how she feels. I've gone to church alone all my life (except when the boys were little). My parents, brothers and sister never went when I was growing up. But, I went with anybody in the neighborhood who would take me. I will never give up praying that my family will all be with me one day.

I came home and ate a salad and took a three hour nap. Mama called to see when I was coming to get her car. Vance told me to leave my car there. He didn't want to take me over there. So, I guess I will be driving her car all week. I really need to put my car in the shop to get new tires and a brake job. Now would be a good time. I stayed at Mama's until it started getting dark. Since I had taken out my contacts, I had to wear my glasses. I couldn't find my regular glasses (think they are in a purse. Was going to take them to be straightened out since I sat on them one night.) so I wore my prescription sunglasses. Had to come home before it got dark. I'm going to have to run her car through a car wash; it is so dusty. It cranked right up, so I pray that I don't have any trouble with it.

I'm having trouble picking out pictures to put in the gallery. I am so critical of my photos that I just can't choose any that I think are good enough. I hate that about myself.

Guess I better get ready for bed. It's after midnight - again..........
Goodnight and God bless.

No comments: