I had a really good day today. This is the first pay period that my computer program hasn't messed up and I'm up to date on my work. Even being off one day and leaving early another. What a wonderful feeling. I don't feel stressed out at all today.
My boss got in the office where the rubber gloves were and swept and mopped and cleaned it up. I was impressed. Most of the bosses won't even get their hands dirty, but he got in there with no A/C and cleaned it up. I put in my two cents worth and told him I would love to have it for my office if he could get the company to get off enough money to fix the A/C and floor. It would probably have to be wired for a computer, too. But, I would love to have that office. It has windows looking out on the dock and I could actually see what was going on. Or, close the blinds when I wanted to be left alone.
I finished all the pictures of the retirement last night and gave them to my boss to deliver to the beach office. At lunch, I went to Ross' and got a photo album and found some jeans that actually fit. They won't have to be hemmed and they have "slim legs". I may be overweight, but I don't have huge legs and all the jeans I try on are huge in the rear and the legs. But, I got two pair today that fit. I was so excited. And they were only $12.99 a pair. Kim had reminded me several weeks ago that the only jeans I had that really fit were ones that I had bought a couple of years ago from Ross'. I didn't go there looking for jeans, but while I was there, I just thought I'd try on a couple of pair. I couldn't believe it when they were the right length and the legs actually touched my body. Like Hope loves to say "The girl can't help it." I had to get them.
After lunch, Andy came by to get ice. We had heard last week that he had cancer in his spine, but he called me Monday and said three doctors here said he had cancer, but he went and got checked out at UAB and they said it was arthritis, not cancer. Praise the Lord! Anyway, his best friend - a local electrician that I graduated with - committed suicide Monday while his wife took their 13 year old daughter to cheerleading practice. The wife came home and found him dead in the garage. He shot himself. I had put out a prayer request to our church to pray for the family. Well, Andy asked me to come out to his vehicle to meet Sandy, the wife. Since Ted was Andy's best friend, he had been helping Sandy with the funeral arrangements. He came to get ice for all the food that had been brought. I was able to talk to Sandy and tell her that our church and people all over the world were praying for her and her daughter. She was so appreciative. She said that she and Ted had always been together; they never even dated anybody else. How sad for her and her daughter. She said her daughter was in denial and it probably wouldn't even sink in until the funeral. I pray that God will give them peace and someone special for her daughter to talk to about this. She's going to need help for a long time. And, what's so bad, this just opens the door for her to do the same thing if things get rough for her. "If Daddy could do it, so can I." Suicide really hurts the people left behind.
We had a thunder boomer this afternoon. I was alone in the office after the guys had left and the warehouse doors were closed. The lightning was so close it shook the doors. I had to go check and see what was going on. It was a pretty bad lightning storm, but not much rain. It was over by the time I went home. I was so thankful for that.
Came home and then left again to go to church. Had a great service. Not too many people there tonight. Heard that a lot of them were sick. There's something going around again. Tabitha and the kids weren't there because Tabitha is keeping Liz's little girl, Avery, overnight. Liz is having the twins tomorrow. The doctor is going to induce labor. He says they are both over 6 lbs. already and she's actually late, which doesn't usually happen with twins. If the ultrasounds are right, she will have a boy and a girl.
Kim gave me chicken and dumplings and that's what I had for supper. They were so good.
Okay, that's all for tonight. I've got to get to bed. Goodnight and God bless.......

No comments:
Post a Comment