Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Where Did the Weekend Go!???



The weekend just flew by. Saturday, I slept till 10:30 when Tabitha called and asked me to pick up a few things for Hope's party. I guess I would have slept all day if she hadn't called. I haven't done this since Vance and I first married. I used to sleep half a day on the Saturday's that he worked, then Mama would come by and we'd go buy groceries.

Went to Chad and Tabitha's for Hope's party. We had a great time. She was the perfect little princess. A lot of Tabitha's family was there - three brothers, two sisters and their families. Liz and Jeff were there. She will be having her twins (boy and girl - both already over 6 lbs.) this week. I believe she said the doctor would induce on Thursday if she didn't go into labor. I'm surprised they are that big cause she is still smoking.

Hope got a bicycle and she really enjoyed riding it. Took pictures, of course. Also took pictures of Trent jumping a ramp. Check out the picture and you'll see what I mean. I looked at Chad and said "He reminds me of somebody else I know." Chad said, "yeah, but I jumped with skateboards." I said "And I jumped with a bicycle." Chad gets his dare devil antics from me, not his daddy. I asked Vance one time if he ever did anything dangerous when he was a kid and he said no. I used to climb way up in pine trees and sway with the wind, climb on the house and either jump off or walk across the top of the swingset to get down, jump out of trees onto a swing. You get the idea. I was a tomboy. Still would be if I wasn't overweight. I'd still be playing softball. I did play until I was 49.

Went to church Sunday and we had a great service. Another man got saved. Praise the Lord! I stayed till 1:00 helping pray for people at the altar. That's what it's all about - people getting saved and healed and delivered. We prayed for one man Wednesday night to give up cigarettes and he said he hasn't wanted one since. Boy, was he excited. Went and got some lunch, then took a nap around 3:00. Had planned to get up and go to Bible Study, but slept right through until almost 8:00. Stayed up late printing pictures from the retirement party Friday at work and making two photoshows - one of the retirement and one of Hope's party.

Today, I did get up in time to go to the safety meeting. Boring......... Our office was much calmer today. I think my little outburst on Thursday made my co-worker think about what he was doing. He was a perfect gentleman today. I never heard him raise his voice to anybody and we had some crazy things happen that would normally make him get upset.

Daddy called and wanted me to bring him some money and drop him off at the AmVets Club. I had planned on working late, but wasn't able to because he had to be there too early. Tomorrow, I have to take him to the doctor, so I guess I'll have to work through lunch to be able to keep up the timesheets this week. Stopped by Chip and Angie's on my way home to pick up a letter that was sent to Chip, but was supposed to go to Daddy. Something about the probate of Grandmama's house. Angie gave me a gallon of paint that I might be able to use in our kitchen. She said it was too bright of a yellow for her. I really don't think it will be bright enough for me, but I'll try it on the wall and see how it looks.

Came home, watched a little TV with Vance and then worked on printing some of those retirement pictures. Now, I think I will go to bed. Goodnight and God bless.........

1 comment:

Sir Vance-a-lot said...

I love that picture of Trent! That's hilarious!