Well, it's Friday again. My, how time flies. Vance woke me up to get ready for work. Believe it or not, but I managed to sleep in the bed all night. Of course, I paid for it all day - my left arm hurt all day. I just can't sleep in the bed all night without hurting somewhere in my body. Wish we could afford a Tempurpedic mattress. I slept so good on one when I had a sleep study done. I didn't snore or move all night and woke up without pain.
Vance didn't go to work today. He played in a golf tournament at Sunny Hills. He and his team came in 3rd. That's pretty good, cause they were playing against a lot of pros. He won a couple of hats and $60. Not bad for playing a game you love. Maybe he will take me out to eat tomorrow night. He used to do that when he won money playing golf. He said he was going to try to finish the ceiling in the living room tomorrow since he wouldn't be playing golf.
I'm going with Tabitha and the kids to buy school clothes and get Trent a haircut. Of course, I plan on taking pictures. What are grandmothers for if they can't carry around a camera and take pictures of their grandkids? I'd follow all three of them around everyday if I could and take pictures of them. Of course, they would probably hate it.
Talked to Tabitha yesterday and she's already met Hope's teachers. They came to the house the other day and brought along flashcards and all sorts of material for Hope to use at home. Tabitha really likes them and they are very open to her coming in and helping out in Hope's class. They like for the parents to get involved. I think that's great. Found out Trent's teacher will be a man this year. He's got a reputation for being very tough, but a good teacher. Tabitha plans on going in a couple of days a week to observe. I told her to approach him not as a mother who wants to make sure her child is being treated right, but as a teacher-in-training who wants to learn from one of the best. He will be more receptive of allowing her to observe and she will gain a world of knowledge that will help her when she finishes her degree and becomes a teacher. I really feel like this is going to be a good year for Trent. No drugs to change his personality; but a teacher who will be able to handle him and teach him.
I was really bad at lunch. I was starving, so I went to Captain D's with the intent of getting my usual: baked talapia, rice, green beans, steamed veggies; but when I got there, I ordered the seafood platter: two pieces of fish, four shrimp, two stuffed crabs, two hushpuppies, (all fried, of course)cole slaw and green beans and sweet tea. That's more food than I usually eat all day. And I ate it all. Kim couldn't believe it when I told her. She sees me eat lunch and I usually leave about half uneaten. I really expected to get sick since I don't eat fried foods, but all I got was a bad headache. Since I had worked overtime an hour earlier in the week, I took off an hour early and came home and hit the couch. I slept till after 8:00.
I had called Mama before I left work to see if she wanted me to bring her car back. She told me to keep it until I ran out of gas and had to refill. I really don't believe she will be driving it anymore. She's getting weaker every day. She's not eating or drinking very much and only goes out to doctor's appointments. She's depressed and doesn't sleep very well. She needs a lot of prayer.
When I drove up, I caught the squirrel stealing food from the birdfeeder. Finally, got some pictures. He (or she) is really cute to watch. But, he's running off my cardinals. I need a squirrel feeder, so he'll leave their feeder alone. But, he does knock out food that the doves eat off the ground, so I get to see them.
Okay, it's after midnight, so I guess I better try to get some sleep. Goodnight and God bless..........

No comments:
Post a Comment