Today was a pretty day considering that we have a tropical storm heading our way. It was a little breezy and a few sprinkles at lunch, but nothing too bad.
My aunt Margurete called this morning to tell me that Mama was calling the ambulance to take her to the hospital. She hasn't been eating much and we all think this storm has her upset and worried. She's so afraid her power is going to go out and she will not be able to have her oxygen. She has three or four portable tanks, but she's so afraid they won't last very long. So, she figured she could go stay in the hospital during the storm and she'd be okay. They did admit her, but only to get some fluids in her. All her vital signs were good, bloodwork was fine, x-rays all good. Since Penny has authorization from Mama to read her medical records, Penny was able to get them from the hospital. The last remark Mama made to the doctor was "No, I haven't talked to my daughter (me, because I am her contact person) all week. She doesn't know about this problem." I think she said that just to get pity from the doctor, cause I've talked to her several times this week (even last night on my way home from work)and I always ask how she's doing and she tells me she's the same; can't eat much. Chip was over there Monday cutting her grass and she told him the same thing. So, why did she tell the doctor she hasn't talked to us? She did that while she was in the hospital last month, too. All of us were in the room when the nurse asked if she would be going home by ambulance or car. She said "I don't know if anybody will be able to take me home. I just don't know yet." We all spoke up and told the nurse "Just call one of us and we'll take her home." I guess she wanted the nurse to think we were horrible kids who didn't care about her. Margurete said that's the way her brother is acting since his wife died a couple of months ago. He's suddenly become helpless and mean. I'm just afraid she's going to hurt Margurete's feelings and run her away. Margurete said she got upset with her when she couldn't take Mama to the grocery store on Wednesday cause Margurete had a dentist appointment. I just pray that she doesn't turn Margurete against her.
At lunch, I went to Wal-Mart and bought Daddy a radio that will run off batteries in case his power goes out. Also, bought batteries and one of those weather band radios for us to use at home. The cashier was talking to me and I just wrote the check without even thinking about how much it was for. When I got to Sonic, I looked at the receipt again. I thought I hadn't paid enough for the things that I bought. Sure enough, she didn't charge me for Daddy's radio. So, when I took it to him, I kept the box so I can take it back and pay for it. I know a lot of people would say how lucky I am to get it for free, the cashier made the mistake so I should keep my mouth shut and keep the radio. Well, I just can't do that. It's dishonest. I have the box in the car and when this storm passes by and I can get back to Wal-Mart, I'm going to get them to scan it so I can pay for it.
Speaking of the storm, it's raining a little outside. The dogs are getting wet when they go out, but Shadow is staying on the porch longer than usual, so I know it's not bad out there. They come in and come straight to the laundry room to get toweled off. They tussle with me over the towel. Shadow tried to take it and run, but I managed to hang on. They are so funny.
It was timesheet day for me, so I stayed busy all day. I thought I had had a pretty easy pay period; was able to stay caught up and figured I could finish early, but it was not to be. I had so much trouble and no one to call for help. The support people in Atlanta go home at 4:30; 3:30 my time. I ended up staying till 7:00, but I managed to figure out the problems and circumvent the system to make it work. At least everybody will get paid. We have a timekeeping meeting next week in Pensacola and I'm going to suggest they have one person work a later shift in Atlanta at least until they get all the bugs worked out. That's what they did when we went to the system this one replaced. I worked till 10:00 one night and was able to talk to a person and get help. Now, they go home before we do.
Since, I have to be at work at 6:00 tomorrow, I guess I better get to bed. I am getting a little sleepy. Goodnight and God bless..................
Just heard a thump outside. Went out to investigate. It's raining and a big limb from the oak tree by our driveway fell. It would have hit Vance's truck, but he moved it further up by the house. Smart man. It actually was touching Mama's car, but I don't think it fell on it. I'll have to check it out tomorrow. But, since the car was parked right under the oak tree, I moved it into the middle of the yard. Got soaking wet, but I sure wouldn't want anything to fall on her car. She always keeps it under a carport. I think I just heard another limb fall. I'm so glad we had the oak tree taken down. It would have been dropping limbs on our house all night. Please pray that no damage will come to our property, especially Mama's car.
Now, I think I'll go to bed. Love you all.................
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment