I woke up with both my arms sore. They've been going to sleep at night, plus they are sore from all the physical labor I did this weekend that I'm not used to doing. My left foot and shin are retaining fluid. I decided to call in and take a day of vacation, turned over and went back to sleep. Tabitha called around 8:30 to see if they could go by and pick up the key to my car today. Chad sold his truck, so he needs something to drive. Since I'm driving Mama's car, I offered my car for him to drive.
I took a shower and Chad came over. We dropped Tabitha's car off where she works and I took Chad over to Mama's. I unloaded my junk from my car into Mama's and we went inside the house to see how it smelled. It doesn't smell like nicotine, but it has a musky smell to it. Went into the bedroom that used to be Earl's and found some of his car models. I gave them to Chad and he took them home with him. Earl would be pleased that somebody is taking care of them. Tabitha, on the other hand, was not so pleased. Of course, she would never make him get rid of them since they were Earl's. They mean something to Chad. She called me later and said "Mama, I'm mad at you." Then she laughed and said that she was just kidding. She said Chad was like a kid at Christmas when he was showing her the models - some of them haven't even been assembled yet.
I followed Chad down 231 to make sure the brakes were working okay. He said they were fine. I came home and washed some clothes and worked on pictures that I had taken Sunday morning at church. Had to go get more ink for my printer, so I went to Office Max. Vance was home when I got back. He went to Mama's and got his tools and brought them home since he doesn't have to do the back brakes on the car.
Daddy called this morning wanting me to bring his rent check and buy him some groceries tomorrow. Mama called while I was in Office Max and wanted me to call and get her water bill since it hasn't been delivered to Aunt Margurete yet. She seemed a little miffed that I had taken a day of vacation. I'm sorry, but I do think I deserve a day off once in awhile so I can just relax and do what I want to do without having to take orders from somebody else. It was nice spending a little time with Chad. We haven't spent time alone for ages.
Took the guitar to Scottie tonight at practice. He said he would take it and see if he could fix the little things that were wrong with it. I told him not to be in any hurry; just work on it when he found the time. We spent most of the night trying to get the sound set up correctly and then moved some things around on the platform. We did go over a song that Scottie had written.
I came home and ate supper and now I'm going to bed - before midnight tonight!
Goodnight and God bless................
Wednesday, October 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment