It has been a very busy weekend. I took Trent to see "Cars" yesterday. We had a great time, eating popcorn and I drank my first carbonated beverage in 9 years - actually had a Sprite. But, I sure paid for it the rest of the day and night. I had horrible indigestion. Trent is such a good big brother. Before we left for the movie, he said we had to save Hope some of our popcorn, so I grabbed a Ziplock bag to keep it fresh for her. True to his word, when we sat down, he reminded me that we had to save Hope some popcorn. So, I took out the bag and we filled it up for her. Then, we proceeded to scarf down the rest of the popcorn while watching a very enjoyable movie. This is definitely one that I will buy on DVD when it comes out.
Speaking of DVD's, Trent and I went to McDonalds before the movie and actually saw a guy bootlegging the "Cars" DVD. He was selling them out of his truck, using his little boy as the draw. His little boy was carrying a copy of the DVD in his hand when he walked in the store and people saw it and asked him where he got it. He took two men outside and one tried it in his DVD in his mini-van. Guess what, it didn't work! The guy told him it wouldn't work in those kinds of players, but it would work in the one at home. Yeah, right! It was probably a blank DVD.
After the movie, we came home and Trent watched TV while I took a 30 minute nap. Vance was home watching the Busche race. He didn't play golf today because of his toe. I had to get ready for the wedding, so Vance said he would take Trent home. I left and headed out to the beach. My first beach wedding to photograph.

It was a beautiful day to have a beach wedding. The sky was so blue, the water was blue and green and the sand so white. Panama City does have beautiful white beaches. I ended up taking 10 1/2 rolls of film and about 30 or so digital shots. Hey, it was my first beach wedding and I wanted to capture as much as I could
.One thing they did that I thought was pretty unique - instead of the unity candle (the gulf breeze would have blown it out), they used two bottles of different colored sand that the mothers of the bride and groom had filled up. They transferred that into a bigger bottle and shook it up to make the two colors one. I thought that was pretty neat.
I didn't get home until 10:00. Like I said, it was out on the beach and the beach was all the way at the end of Panama City Beach - Hwy 79. It only took me 40 minutes to drive there, cause I went the back way - Hwy 77 to Hwy 388 to Hwy 79. But, coming back, I had to go on Back Beach Road and through town. It took about 1 1/2 hours to drive home. I sure was tired, cause a lot of the photos were taken with me on my knees. (I'm getting too old for this!) I thought I had retired from wedding photography last year, but I was brought out of retirement by people from church. I have another wedding in September for Jamie and Judy. Jamie is like one of my own, so I naturally have to do his wedding.
Today, was church and we had a great service. Had some visitors and they plan on coming back. I overheard them say that he was a preacher. Had great Praise and Worship. You could just feel the presence of the Lord while we were singing.
I came home, took an hour nap, ate and took another 30 minute nap. I was just exhausted. Went back to church for special intercessory prayer for Alex and Debbie in Indonesia. They are really undergoing a lot of conflict over there. Also, had a time of prayer for Israel and our President. It was an awesome time with God.
Now, I guess it's time I was getting in bed. Another week of work ahead and I need all the beauty rest I can get.
Good night and God bless!

No comments:
Post a Comment