Friday, July 28, 2006

It's Official

Gallivanting Photographer Well, Vance and Michelle have officially announced the chosen name for their baby - Fox Carson Rutherford. Vance chose not to carry on the family name of Vance Carrick Rutherford. He is at least the fifth or sixth Vance Carrick, so he decided it needed to be put to rest. I think if Chad had known that Vance wasn't going to carry it on, then Trent would have been named Vance. Chad always wanted to be named Vance. He didn't think it was fair that his daddy and brother had the same name and he was stuck with Chad Wesley (he hates Wesley!). Personally, I would reverse the order to Carson Fox Rutherford. That has a distinguished ring to it, I think. But, it's not up to me and they can name him anything they want to name him. I don't care as long as he's healthy and whole and Michelle is okay. I just can't wait to get my hands on him. It won't be long now. She's due October 19th.

Today is Chad and Tabitha's 5th anniversary. She had plans for a nice steak dinner tonight - had the steaks marinating - when she found out she has to have an IVP test on her kidneys tomorrow and they told her she couldn't have anything to eat after 12:00 noon today. She's supposed to be on a strict liquid diet. She said she was going to at least taste the food and chew it up real good so maybe it won't hurt the test. I don't remember them telling me I couldn't eat, but I ended up not being able to have the IVP because I had an allergic reaction to Levaquin (anitbiotic) and they were afraid I'd have a reaction to the dye. I'm just praying and believing that she will be totally healed this year. Several years ago, a doctor told her she needed to have one of her kidneys removed, but we took her to another doctor and he said no - that the kidney would keep her alive if something happened to the other kidney. I believe God started the healing process back then. She has to have this test tomorrow because her insurance runs out Saturday.

Had something funny (not ha-ha funny) happen to me this morning. I get up and eat instant grits (yeah, I'm still eating them even after getting burned by them) or oatmeal every morning. I fixed my grits in the microwave, took it out and set it on the counter. I opened the cabinet above and a glass fell out shattering on the counter and on the floor. I didn't have shoes on, so I was being very careful to get all the glass up. I cleaned up the counter, sat down to enjoy my grits and watch Paula White on TV. I took one bite and realized I had a mouthful of glass. I just thank God that I didn't swallow or get cut. I spit it out and was very disappointed because I didn't have anymore grits or any oatmeal. I had to eat my morning snack of yogurt, so I got hungry before Daddy and I went to lunch. Why do all these weird things happen to me? Maybe I should stop eating Grits??? I'll have to think long and hard bout that.

Marsha (my hairdresser) called me and said "Pat, whatever you do, don't let me run out of this VEMMA! I am feeling better than I have felt in years and my fingernails are so strong. I've never had strong nails." I promised her that I would go ahead and order some to have on hand before she ran out. I'm going to talk to her about signing up to sell the stuff. She could sell it at the salon. My nails are super strong and my skin and hair seem better, too. This is good stuff! Mine is about to run out and the auto shipment I get every month came in last week, but I've sold that pack. I had to order again last night. I'll just have to take some of Vance's if mine runs out before I get the shipment in. It just sells itself.

Well, I better close and get ready for bed. Two nights in a row, I haven't been to bed before midnight. It's almost 11:00 now, so I better call it a night.

Good night and God bless......

1 comment:

Sir Vance-a-lot said...

Well, we aren't COMPLETELY ruling out naming a boy Vance. But, this one will be Fox.

We are planning to have more than one, so we'll see!