Sunday, July 23, 2006

Pay It Forward


Gallivanting Photographer As I was cleaning house today, I had the TV on just for noise. The movie "Pay It Forward" came on. I had seen it once before, but I sat down and watched it again. What a great movie. If you've never seen it, go out and rent the movie. Of course, the ending made me cry, but the story is such a good one. We should all be paying it forward - doing good deeds for others.

I also had a baby dedication to go to this afternoon for Macy Lyn Sexton, daughter of Matt and Christi. She is a doll baby. She slept through the whole ceremony. Matt had called and asked me to take pictures for them. Before the ceremony began, they played a DVD of pictures from birth till now, with a song by Celine Dion - something about miracles. I've got to get that song. It was beautiful and made me cry. (What's with all this crying?!) It was like a homecoming, cause I got to see a lot of old friends from Springfield Methodist. Saw Matt's two brothers, Mark and Michael. They didn't recognize me at first, but when they found out who I was, they grabbed me and hugged me. I wasn't as close to them as I was Matt, but I was around them quite a bit, especially at baseball games. Mark is 27, so he's a year younger than Chad. He asked about Chad and Vance.

Found out one of the guys I used to sing with on the Praise and Worship team at Springfield is now a millionnaire. Wow! Last I heard, he was a foreign car mechanic (and a very good one, too). He went into real estate and made his fortune just within the last five years. You go, Dave!

2 comments:

sharon b said...

I'm making a quilt for Michelle and Vance's new arrival.. But, having trouble with color.. Sandra was supposed to give me a clue.. But, she seems too busy.. Can you send me a clue..I told Michelle I was doing this months ago.. So I need to really get cracking on this project...

Pat Rutherford said...

I know they are doing the baby's room in a pattern called "Alphabet Soup". The room is beige with a red accent wall. The colors in the valance are red, gold, green. That's all I can remember. The pattern has alphabets, stripes and I believe some animals. I only saw it once, so I can't remember very much. If I can find the website, I'll let you know.