Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Monday Madness!

Gallivanting Photographer I can't believe the weekend is over already. Time seems to be flying by a lot faster than it did when I was younger. Remember when you couldn't wait to get to be tall enough to ride the big rides at the fair, or old enough to get your driver's permit (and later, your license), get your first car? I never got a permit. I didn't get my license until I was almost 18. Didn't get my own car until I married Vance and then I got to drive his (our) 1964 red Corvette convertible. Wow! What a great first car! Wish we still had that car. We used to love riding in the summer with the top down. Those were the days.

Had a fairly busy day at work. Got all my work done, so I called Kim and asked if there was anything I could do to help her. She is so overloaded. She had some filing for me to do. I was happy to do it. I hate just sitting around with nothing to do when I'm getting paid to work 8 hours a day.

When Fran went to Market in Atlanta, she ordered this neat thing called Pocket Peepers. It's about the size of a credit card and it helps you read small print, etc. It's not like the Owl which is a magnifying glass. This was invented by an optometrist and it has prescriptions built into it. You hold it out until you find your prescription area. It's the coolest thing for reading menus and such. The one I got has old cars along the edges. Looks like 50's era cars - Thunderbird, Corvette and either a Cadillac or a 57 Chevy. Pretty cool. The first one she showed me had rhinestones around it, but the minute I saw the old cars, I knew that was the one for me.

I went to Wendy's and got a salad for lunch and went to the City Marina to eat it. The weather was real nasty looking and I wanted to watch the storm roll in. The waves were breaking up and hitting my car, lightning was flashing and it was raining.
It had cooled off, so I cracked the windows, opened the bag and no fork. Nothing to eat the salad with, so I had to pack it all up and head back to work. Bummer! I really wanted to watch the storm.

Mama called all upset. She had given away her little dog a couple of days ago. The dog kept chewing through her oxygen tube. She has emphsyma and has to have oxygen. She decided to give her dog away and a lady came and got it for her father who lives in Alabama. The lady has called every day to let her know how Freckle Baby is. But, Mama is lonely. Now, she doesn't have anybody to talk to, but she can only have a couple of types of dogs (the ones that don't shed) and they are all soooo expensive. I don't know what she is going to do. It's not good for her to get so depressed.

Boy, did I have an eye-opener last night when I was putting the wedding pictures in an album. I had asked Pastor Sammy to take a picture of me and Mrs. Sandi together on the beach. He did. I knew I was fat, but boy, did I get a surprise. I didn't know just how fat I really was until I saw the pictures. I'm beginning to look like my Grandmama Lightsey - as big around as I am tall. Sunday morning after church, I gave Mrs. Sandi some dresses that are way too small for me. She said "I'll give them back when you get small again." I said "I don't think that will ever happen." She called Sarah over and they prayed for me. They both have lost a lot of weight. When Sarah came back to the Lord, she lost 60 lbs. Mrs. Sandi has been kickboxing and eating Weight Watchers meals and she's lost about 50 lbs. I need to lose at least 60 lbs. With God's help, I can do it. I'll post those pictures at a later date. Wal-Mart forgot to put that roll on CD. Instead, they gave me a CD with 209 pictures of symbols that are used in Wal-Mart. I will be taking it back to them tomorrow at lunch! And, yes, I will show the world how much I weigh, so I can later post my skinny picture. LOL

Well, tomorrow is another day. Good night and God Bless>>>

1 comment:

michellenotdawn said...

Mom,
I know you'll lose the weight. You know how to do it, so don't give up!