Friday, July 14, 2006

Too Fast!

Gallivanting Photographer
This week is just flying by. The weekend is almost here, can you believe it? Was very busy at work today cause timesheet close-out is tomorrow. Trying very hard not to have to work over tomorrow.

Gene came from Chipley to help Randy clean up the grounds. We are being inspected next week and everything has to be clean and in it's place around the warehouse. They got so hot, they almost passed out. Had to come inside and sit and drink water. They were really getting close to having heat stroke. I don't know why they always pick the hot summer to come do inspections. I worked one summer helping clean up and I almost passed out from the heat. I was inside the warehouse with no air circulating cleaning the floors. I swept the entire warehouse with a push broom, then found out they had a riding sweeper that I could have used. Nobody told me and I was just doing what I thought needed to be done. They really felt bad when they saw how hot I got. That's the last time I've ever offered to come in on Saturday to help them clean up.

Went to lunch with my Dad. We have a standing date on Thursdays to go to lunch together. Last week, Vance joined us. Today, he was at the doctor getting a physical. It took an ingrown toenail to get him to the doctor. I've been trying to get him to go for two years. Well, whatever it took as long as he went. I'd like to keep him around for many more years to come. I was able to talk to Daddy and let him know what Bette said. That made him feel better. He said he hadn't been sleeping at night wondering what was going to happen to the house and to him. Now, he says he thinks he'll be able to sleep.

After work, I went by Olga's to get some VEMMA. I have two people who want to buy some. Now, if I could just get two people to sign up to sell it. I've got 13 people under me that the company has put there, but I can't start getting paid until I sign up two people. That's one thing I like about this company; they share the wealth. The upper leaders don't hold on to the people they sign up; they pass them down to others under them. Those 13 are selling, but it's not doing me any good right now. I called Fran and she wants to sign up but she was packing getting ready to go to Market in Atlanta tomorrow. She will be leaving at 4:00, so she didn't want to stop what she was doing. She promised she would sign up as soon as she got back. I told her to buy us some pretty stuff. She always comes back with the neatest stuff. Haven't been able to get up with my cousin. She wanted to sign up, too, but she's been out of town on a much needed vacation. I sure can't blame her for that.

When I got home, Vance was hobbling around. They didn't cut off his toenail like I thought they would. They just shoved cotton up under it and told him to leave it there for several days and it should be okay. He told me that he was in a lot of pain. I think he would have felt better if they had cut the toenail off. I know I sure did. The surgery didn't hurt nearly as bad as the ingrown toenail.

I have been trying to make up business cards for over three hours and I am not having any luck. I don't know what is wrong. I've never had problems like this before. It keeps telling me something isn't installed properly, but I can't figure out what it's talking about. I hate being so computer illiterate. Vance and Michelle would know exactly what to do. And Bellsouth is terrible when it comes to trying to set up a second email address. I want one with my name, not my husband's. But the instructions are 7 pages long and I can't get past the first page. I just gave up. I guess I'll just open another one in Yahoo. That should be easy enough. I'm seriously thinking about switching to another service provider. Bellsouth stinks.

Tabitha called today to see if I could watch Hope the morning of the 29th while they all go to Shipwreck Island, then bring her out there around 2:00. She's just too little to be around all that water all day. Besides, she would get so sunburned. She and Trent both are very sensitive to sunscreens. Most of them just break them out. I told her I'd be happy to. She's fun to play with. We'll find something to do. Her birthday is the 30th, so I will probably take her shopping. I can't believe she will be two this year.

Hazel to called to tell me she had her mammogram today and they found two lumps (not masses) so they want to keep a close watch on her. Not too close, she doesn't have to go back for six months. I just don't understand why they want you to wait that long to be tested again. Me, personally, when they have found lumps on me, I get them removed immediately. I feel like they just don't belong there, so get them out!

Debbie is in Atlanta seeing about the lump in her breast. She had cancer about 20 years ago and they believe it is back. I'm praying and believing that God is going to heal her like he did before and she won't even have to undergo surgery or chemo this time. She has a wonderful outlook and that means a lot. Whatever the outcome, God is in control and we put our trust in Him.

Well, goodnight all! God Bless!!!

No comments: