Thursday, July 13, 2006

Woo Hoo, It's Wednesday!

Woo Hoo, It's Wednesday!

This week sure is flying by. We had our regular Wednesday safety meeting at work today, so as usual I had to go to work early. You know, I never seem to remember that I can get off 30 minutes early on those days. I usually end up staying till my regular time or even later. Well, today I went home at my regular time, but was able to knock off 30 minutes from my doctor's appointment. Well, not actually a doctor's appointment; it was my yearly mammogram. You girls know what I'm talking about. But, they said all was well. Praise God!

Remember the problem with my cell phone last night. Well, I took it to Radio Shack today and all the guy did was take the battery out and put it back in and the phone worked. I tried to do that and couldn't even get the back off the phone. But, I know why. It was a God thing - cause I ran into my Aunt Betty at Sears and was able to have a very good conversation with her. I found out she's the one who picked out the Elvis song for my grandmother's funeral. I told her how much we all enjoyed it and I knew Grandmama was dancing in heaven when it was playing. (Probably not, but it was a cool thought anyway.) She assured me that my daddy would not be left out of the will and she just wanted what Grandmama had wanted when she made out the will. That made me feel better.

Had such a good time at church tonight, even though we didn't have any musicians, so we didn't sing. That's only the second time I ever remember that happening at the church. They were either sick or working tonight, so we had a time of testimony. That was good. Kelli told how she prayed for her children while they were growing up. Her oldest son (she has 5 more) came to her when he was in high school and asked "Why do the girls all treat me like a big brother? None of them want to date me, but they all want me around?" Kelli said it was her fault because she had always prayed that he not have any relationships until God brought the one he was supposed to marry into his life. He told her to stop praying! But, of course, she didn't. Last year, (at age 22) he went out with this girl and came home crying. Kelli asked what was wrong and he said "Mom, I just met her! The girl you have been praying for. She's a woman of God." Zack and Kyler have been dating for a year and they are getting married this Saturday. (I'll be doing their pictures.) And the cool thing is - they are both virgins. So, parents, start right now praying for your children that they won't even have a date until God brings their perfect mate to them. What a wonderful testimony.

Hope and I played in my car while waiting for Tabitha to come out of church. Tabitha was helping Mrs. Lettie clean up the nursery. Hope got in the car, sat down in the passenger seat, grabbed the seatbelt and said "I get strapped." Then, she looked at me and said "You get strapped, too." So, I did. Trent came and got in the car on her side and we played with my little flashlight that doesn't have batteries - you just shake it to make it work. They both loved it. I got it at Home Depot for $9.99 around Christmas. It's the coolest thing and really comes in handy. Trent is really looking forward to Saturday. I'm taking him to see "Cars." I'd take Hope, too, but I don't think she can sit still that long. I'll have to take her to the park where she can swing, but not this Saturday. I've got that wedding Saturday afternoon.

Time for bed. Good night and God bless!!!

No comments: