Thursday, August 31, 2006

Oh Happy Day!!!

Gallivanting Photographer Wednesday again and I was in a rush to get to the safety meeting. Kim gave a little talk on vehicle housekeeping - something I need to do to my car. Right now, I've got so much stuff in my backseat nobody can ride with me. Well, actually no adult can ride with me. Hope can still sit in her carseat. I always tell people I will never have to worry about somebody hiding in my backseat. They can't even get back there! No kidnapping problems for me! :) I've got books that need to be traded at the Book Barn, a case of water that needs to be brought in the house, exercise clothes (when am I ever going to get back to kickboxing?), just stuff like that.

After the safety meeting was over, I told Kim that I had decided to buy the Canon EOS Digital Rebel XT. I realized we get three paydays this month and the last one has no deductions taken out, so it's double what I usually bring home. With the extra from my raise and that extra, I can buy the camera on my credit card and pay it off at the end of the month. My two SLR's just are not reliable enough for a wedding, plus Pastor Sammy wants me to start taking pictures around the church to go in publications and on the website. Not to mention, that I just absolutely adore photography. It helps me de-stress. It lets me capture all of God's creations and I just love that. My camera goes with me everywhere I go.

Had a busy morning and Kim and I decided to go to Moe's for lunch (it's right next to Best Buy). I talked to my boss and asked for the afternoon off. Kim and I decided that next time we go to Moe's, we're going to split a meal. It was way to much for one person to eat; but it was very good. We went over to Best Buy and I bought the camera. I think Kim was just as excited as I was. We were so disappointed that I had to charge the battery before we could use it. We wanted to play! I took her back to work and I headed home to charge the battery and read the instruction manual. It only took 90 minutes to charge, so I took a few shots of Vinnie. Got some real close-ups. Headed to the Credit Union to pick up some Mary Kay I ordered from Fran, then ran around to Kim's office and we played for a few minutes with the camera before I had to leave and go pick Daddy up for his doctor's appointment.

Took Daddy to his appointment. He's got an infection. That's why he hasn't felt good the last few days. I have to take him back Friday morning to be checked again. By the time I dropped Daddy off at home, it was 6:00, so I had to rush to church. Got there in time to practice and then service started. I'm telling you, the Spirit of God moved. I have been praying for my hearing to be restored in my right ear. I'm believing for a miracle. And it will be a miracle, because the doctor's say there is nothing they can do - no surgery, no hearing aids will help. But I know Someone who can. Kim also needs hearing restored in both ears. While I was on the platform singing, God impressed upon me to go down and pray for Kim's healing. I believe that in praying for her healing, I will be healed. In God's time, not mine. He has healed me numerous times before and I know He can do it again. I'm just excited.

Mrs. Ruth preached tonight on "Destiny". It was really good. I'm not going to let the devil steal my destiny. I've sat back long enough and told myself that I'm unworthy, that God can't possibly use me for anything. That's a lie!

I got home and my wonderful husband had supper cooked for me. He's so good to me. He does almost all of the cooking. And he's a good cook! He made those mixed beans that his mama wants for our family get-together tomorrow night. Had them over wild rice with a piece of ham. Was really good. I can't wait to see everybody tomorrow. And, of course, take some pictures.

I downloaded and printed the pics I took today. I'm not real happy with the quality. I think the camera needs some adjustments. I will probably take it to Ro-Mo and get a professional to set it for me. I sat down and went through the book, but there's a lot that I just don't understand. You know what? I just realized that the first half of the pictures were printed when my printer was low on black ink. I replaced the ink cartridge and I just looked at the second half and the quality is perfect. Duh! That will teach me to not let the ink get that low. I should have known, cause it happened with the Cyan got real low. The quality of the prints was not good then either. I don't think there is anything wrong with my camera, just the operator. I tried to add some pics to this post, but the computer won't let me. I hate when that happens!

Well, it's 12:30, so I guess I better get some sleep. Sleep is such a waste of time! I've got stuff I want to do. Oh, well.......
Good night and God bless....................

1 comment:

sharon b said...

Pat, I don't know how you do these days.. I'm tired just reading all the things you get accomplished in one day.. God Bless You.