Saturday, January 05, 2008

Day 8, I Think

Today was a very busy day for me. I slept late. I'm beginning to enjoy this sleeping in every morning. I fixed breakfast. I'm also beginning to enjoy having a leisurely breakfast. Wish that could continue when I go back to work, but I'm sure it won't.

Around 10:00 I started to leave to go pick up Daddy's check when he called to ask me to stop by the store and get him some BC powders and a pack of cigarettes before I came over. That meant I was going to be running behind schedule. It took almost 30 minutes in Winn-Dixie. I rushed to his house, picked up his check and grocery list and went to the Credit Union 15 minutes before they closed for lunch. Mama had called as I was driving to Winn-Dixie and I told her I couldn't write cause I was driving to the Credit Union. So, when I arrived at the CU, Fran handed me money to carry to Mama. That added a detour to the places I had to go. I left the CU and went to the mall to cash in the gift certificate I got to Bath and Body Works. They were having a huge sale, so I got more stuff for my money. Then I went to Victoria's Secret to get the perfume I love from there - Rapture. Naturally, it wasn't on sale. But I bought it anyway cause I have been out for about 8 months and I never, ever go to the mall.

When I walked in the mall through the Sears entrance, I saw a shirt that I wanted to get for Vance and told myself that I would pick it up on my way back out. I went to the jewelry counter and my Aunt Bette was working, so I went up to her and said hello, asked for a hug and asked if she had had a good Christmas. She hugged me and got tears in her eyes. I guess cause I was being nice to her and she didn't expect that. She still hasn't done anything with Grandmama's house. Daddy would really like to have his share of the money. But, you know what? He'd just throw it away at the VFW. And probably start drinking a lot more than he already is and get sick again. So, maybe this is a good thing. Anyway, I didn't stay to chat because she was helping a customer. And I forgot to go out that way, because I went through Linens and Things to pick up something. Went out that door and forgot Vance's shirt.

Left there and took Mama's money to her. Of course, I couldn't just drop it and run. I had to stay and talk to her for awhile. I had planned on dropping the bag of coats off at the Rescue Mission, but when I put the stuff from the mall in my trunk, all I saw in there was Vance's golf clubs. I guess the bag is in the back of his truck. I sure hope they didn't get taken to Goodwill.
I left Mama's and went to McDonald's to get a bite to eat, then on to Winn-Dixie to buy Daddy's groceries. Took his groceries to him and Vance called to see if I was okay. It was after 3:00 and he was worried about me. He didn't care that I was still out; he just wanted to know that I was okay. He told me that he had gone to Home Depot and gotten Liquid Nails to put the ceiling tiles up with. The glue that he had bought at Lowe's was not holding it. That's why the ceiling fell down last time. But, he said the Liquid Nails was working.

I left Daddy's and ran back by Sears to get the shirt I had seen for Vance. It's a real warm, soft shirt. Didn't take the time to go back in to see if Bette was still there. I wanted to get home and work on the laundry room. Vance loved the shirt; said he'd wear it tomorrow to play golf. I worked on the laundry room and washed a load of clothes. The washing machine is really leaking bad. I can only wash one load at a time. I'm afraid if I wash more, the water will run out onto the kitchen floor and get up under the new flooring and ruin it. Vance said he would take a look at the washing machine and see if he can fix it or if we'll have to replace it. Got to replace the refrigerator soon, too. But, we kinda hate to replace it when it's still keeping everything cold. It just leaks from the freezer into the refrigerator and puddles in the bottom of the refrigerator. The repairman couldn't even figure that one out. We just keep soaking up the water in the bottom and it keeps on working. Sometimes, you just make do with what you have as long as it works.

Kim and Tabitha have said they are coming over tomorrow morning and we'll start on the computer room. I definitely need help with it. I just don't know where to start. While I was in the mall, I bought a long phone cord so I can hook my computer up in the dining/craft room. I want to make the computer room a prayer/dressing room. A place I can go to and pray and also a place to get dressed every morning. When we redecorated this room, I called it my Angel Room because of the wallpaper border of angels and the shelves up near the ceiling that has angels all around the room. And, yes, I'm keeping my angels. I got rid of all my other collections, but I'm keeping my angels. They just make me peaceful when I sit and look at all of them.

It's only 10:00, so I guess I could try to move my computer to the other room before I go to bed. That will be one less thing we have to move tomorrow. Okay, time to get busy. I've wasted enough time!

Goodnight and God bless....................

1 comment:

michellenotdawn said...

Keep it up Mom! I can't wait to see the pictures of your angel room after tomorrow!