Saturday, January 12, 2008

Friday at Last!

This has been a long, busy week. We had some problems with the timekeeping system today, but we worked it out. Between Kim, Sheila and me, we figured it out. I am so glad we still have the old system in place that I could use this week. I never would have gotten the timesheets done in 8 hours a day if I'd used the new system.

I'm sitting here watching Clean House and realize that my house wasn't so bad after all. Man, they've got a whole lot more junk than I did. But, what's really funny is when they ask the owners to get rid of something and they say "No way, that's so sentimental." I found myself saying "Take a picture of it and get rid of it." I figured I'd be one of those that said "I can't get rid of that. It used to belong to my grandmother....my best friend gave me that...." With Michelle's help, I was able to just take a picture of it and let it go. Sometimes, I didn't even take a picture. I just put it in a box to go to Goodwill.

Vance is working on that one wall in the bedroom that had flowered wallpaper on it. The other three walls were easy to strip of wallpaper. He would pull and the whole sheet would come off. Not this stuff! I think I'll work on it tomorrow while he's playing golf. I'll try to wet it and see if that helps or maybe use my heat gun (if I can find it. I don't remember seeing it while we were cleaning up.). The room is looking good. I picked up those little paint sample booklets the other day and I'd like to pick out colors for our bedroom, but I'm just not good at interior design. There are just too many colors to choose from. Anybody got any ideas?

Guess I better get to bed. I'm really tired. Goodnight and God bless......................

No comments: