Friday, January 11, 2008

It's Been a Long Week

Since I have been off some and haven't worked a full week since before Christmas, this week seems like it will never end! It has just stretched out and I've been very busy trying to play catchup. I worked late today and believe I'm caught up as best as I can be. Hopefully tomorrow won't be very bad.

Vance was in a weird mood when I got home. He was working in the bedroom, then he took a break and was watching TV. I asked him if he had told them at work that he was going to be off tomorrow afternoon and he said no, that he didn't think he was going to go to the doctor. I asked why and he said he just didn't think he'd go. Then I asked him if I could cook supper (he does the cooking around here) and he said he wasn't going to eat anything because he had eaten three sandwiches late this afternoon and he wasn't hungry. I came into the craft/computer room to check my email and to just relax for a change. This is the first day that I have just sat down and done nothing since we started cleaning the house. I felt I deserved one day of rest. I was watching TV and reading a book during commercials when I realized that it was 10:00 and he hadn't come in to kiss me goodnight. I went into the living room and he had already gone to bed. That's very unusual. He always kisses me goodnight. I guess he must be mad at me for making the appointment with the doctor. Who knows! I'm not going to let it bother me.

Michelle sent me a great website yesterday. It's http://orgjunkie.com/2008/01/its-link-tastic.html I went to the site and really liked it. It led me to another site www.acleanheart.com and I got a devotional from that site. I could spend all night reading these two blogs. They are so interesting. Thanks, Michelle. I've passed them on to friends.

I met one of the new team leaders that signs some of my timesheets today. I had only talked to him on the phone and through email. I knew he was a Christian just by his comments and found out today that he's truly a servant in the house of the Lord. He was very impressed with all the pictures I have on my desk of my family. He said that's what it's all about. He's a very family-oriented man. He told me about his wife and sons. It is such a blessing to work with people who love the Lord.

Randy and I have been having church this week at work. We both know that the Lord is doing something in both of our lives. He and his family are drawing closer to the Lord and I'm seeing some awesome changes in his life. He's different than he was just two weeks ago. He's more on fire for the Lord and knows that God is working in his life. I just feel like God is drawing me closer to Him and this housecleaning is like a woman right before she has a baby and she starts "nesting" - rearranging and cleaning the house. Then, she gives birth to a baby. Well, I believe I'm about to give birth to something in the spirit. I don't know if it's a different ministry that He's going to put me in (no, not a different church). I've already been given the on-line prayer group to coordinate. Maybe that's it, or maybe there will be more. I believe my entire family is going to be saved this year and things are going to turn around for my family. I believe miracle healings are coming this year. I'm excited about 2008.

Now, I guess I better get to bed. Tomorrow will be a busy day. Goodnight and God bless...........

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5 (NIV)

No comments: