Yesterday was Friday - timesheet day. Things were going along pretty good until after lunch when the new system went down. Not good. Thank the Lord we still have the old system. I just switched to it and finished. Had a few problems, but at least I got the jog done.
Felt good all day. Had a good talk with my new boss. I really like him. He seems to care about his employees and is willing to work with them. I was off Wednesday for an hour taking Daddy to the doctor. He let me make up the time by working late Thursday and Friday. So, I didn't have to take vacation. That was so nice.
At lunch, I went to Walmart and bought a couple of sweaters. I had given away most of my winter clothes, so I needed some warm sweaters. They have some real pretty ones for $10. They are really not too heavy, so they can be layered, which I like.
When I got home at 5:45, I started getting cold. About 30 minutes later, I was laying on the couch under four blankets with two space heaters on and I was still cold and had a horrible headache. I was also burning up with a fever. Vance was getting worried. He kept coming over and checking on me. I was able to eat a little of the Spam casserole. Vance knew I wasn't going to bed, so he decided to sleep in his chair to be close to me to make sure I was going to be alright. He is so sweet. And, I've heard from our girls that Vance and Chad are just like him. They take care of Michelle and Tabitha just like their dad takes care of me. I took some Motrin and my fever finally broke sometime during the night.
When I woke up this morning, Vance was gone to bed. I still wasn't feeling very well, but I didn't have a fever. He said he had checked on me around 1:00 and my fever was gone and he knew I'd be okay, so he went to bed. It was rainy and dreary, but he went and played golf anyway. I started running fever again and the bad headache was back, so under all the covers I went. I slept about 30 minutes, was still feverish, so I took more Motrin and went to sleep again. I woke up throwing covers off. I knew the fever was gone. I ate some breakfast and stayed up for a little while. Washed a load of clothes and hung a picture on the wall, washed the dishes from last night. Got to feeling bad again, so I went back to sleep on the couch.
Vance came home around 3:00. He said it hadn't rained at the golf course, but there were only 5 people playing because it looked like it might rain. It did rain off and on here, but he was about 30 minutes away and didn't get the rain. He kept asking if I was okay. I still wasn't feeling very good and did not want to go to bed like he kept trying to get me to - take Nyquil and go to bed and sleep. Nope, didn't want to. Besides, I don't like Nyquil. That stuff is nasty tasting and usually keeps me awake since they took all the alcohol out.
I came in the dining room and watched Hallmark movies while he watched 24 hours at Daytona. I also dozed a little. The headache is back, but I don't think the fever is. I'm getting tired again, so I will probably be going to bed pretty soon. I hope I'm feeling good enough in the morning to go to church.
I'm winding down real fast, so Goodnight and God bless............
Sunday, January 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment