Tabitha came over this morning to help me in the Angel Room. Boy, was there a lot of stuff in there! We threw away some of it; some went to Goodwill and a lot of it was moved into the craft room to be gone through. (I've been working on that all evening.) At first it upset me because that room was looking so good. But, it will get there again. I'm working hard to get everything in place. I'm trying so hard to get my house in order. I won't stop until all of it is done.
The Angel Room is not complete yet either. There are some things in there that will eventually go to the craft room, but I've got to make room for it. It does look much better though. We moved the big 6x3 ft. desk outside by the road and I put a sign on it to let people know that it was a GREAT DESK - FREE!! About 45 minutes after we put it out there, a big nice Dodge Ram pickup truck drove up and two guys got out and loaded the desk up. God bless them! I hope they can use it and not just sell it.
Tabitha left at noon. Oh, yeah, she got a new car. A 2005 Subaru. Her old car was falling apart. Her dad works at the Toyota dealership and got her a good deal on this car. It's smaller than what she wanted, but it will do for now until God blesses her with something bigger. After she left, I went to Zaxby's and got a salad. Been trying to eat more salads since Christmas. Gotta get this weight off..........
Vance came home from playing golf. He liked what we did (moved two pieces of furniture out of the room he's working on. That means he doesn't have to do it.) No, he did say it's looking better in the Angel Room. He understood about the craft room and said he had confidence that I would get it done, too. I was working in there and he told me to go to Lowe's and pick out paint for the trim because he will be ready for it tomorrow. I grabbed a bag of jeans that I had saved for Penny and called her and told her I was coming to her house. Went to her house and she had to take Tiffaney to work. Told her I was going to Lowe's and she said she needed to go there, too, so we rode together. We ran into a friend at Lowe's. She and her mother were there looking at paint, too. They all talked me into an off-white for the trim. Then, we tried to find somebody to help us. There was nobody around the paint department. I spoke up pretty loud and said "Maybe we all should just go to Home Depot." Still nobody came, so Penny and I went up to the Service Desk. The lady called several times trying to get somebody from the paint dept. to call her back. After about 10 minutes, somebody finally called her. We went back to the paint dept. and had to wait in line behind two other people. I asked for two quarts of paint and the lady looked at me like I was stupid and said "Why would you just get two quarts of paint? It's going to cost you the same if you went ahead and bought a gallon. Then you'd get four quarts for the price of two." I told her I only needed two quarts and that's what my husband told me to buy. She said "You'll be wasting your money. You should get a gallon, cause you're going to pay the same for two quarts." I finally took the gallon. What do they do, charge extra for the cans if you buy it in quarts instead of gallons? I'm confused. That's why I hate those places. They always end up making me feel stupid.
We went to Target after that to drop off a prescription and let Swayde buy a toy with some money he got for Christmas from Mama. It takes him forever to pick out a toy and then he tries to swindle Penny into adding money to the $10 he had to get something that cost around $40. She didn't budge. Good for her!
I came home and started to work on the craft room. Vance was in a lot of pain. He had worked on the ceiling (after playing golf all day) and his back was hurting him really bad. So bad that he cried out every time he tried to get up. I cooked supper for us and he ate and then got the hiccups. Every time he hiccuped, he grabbed his stomach and cried out. He did it last night, too. I wanted to take him to the hospital, but he wouldn't go. I told him I was calling the doctor Monday. It worries me, but he doesn't seem to think there's anything wrong. It's not normal to be in that much pain. He got up and went to bed. I checked on him and he's sleeping peacefully. Just like last night. He was fine once he got to bed and relaxed. I think he's working too hard trying to finish that room. He's not as young as he used to be. But, I will be calling the doctor on Monday.
Now, I guess I better get back to work on this room. Oh yeah, my computer is in the craft room now. I moved it in last night. Can't print anything cause I don't have the printer table in here yet. Gotta go through some boxes that are sitting where the table will go. Boy, is this turning into a major job. I told Vance today that I'm not buying ANYTHING for a long, long time. Fran and I talked yesterday and she said she needed to do the same thing to her house. I think she figured out why we accumulate so much stuff. "Growing up, we never had anything. So, when we became adults and had our own money, we started buying stuff to make up for not having anything growing up. Even though we only buy cheap stuff, it's our stuff and it makes us feel better. And we can't seem to let go of things other people have given us because it means that we actually meant something to someone at some time in our life. And we don't want to hurt their feelings by giving away the stuff they gave us." Yep, sounds about right. But, I know that STUFF doesn't mean anything in the whole scheme of things. Only my relationship with the Lord and my family is what matters. So, I'm going to grow up and let things go and get back on track with the things that really matter in life. Not having all this stuff around me to distract me will allow me to have more time to spend reading the Bible and praying. That's why I want my Angel Room to be a sanctuary where I can go and relax and read and pray. I need to get my priorities in order. I've started and I'm not going to stop until I get it done.
Goodnight and God bless................
Sunday, January 06, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment