It was chilly when I got up this morning. Felt so good. I went to work but decided not to go to the safety meeting and get right on the work that has been piling up. Take off one day and it's hard to catch up.
Kim made a new pot of coffee, so I had a cup and got back to work on the timesheets. Mama called and asked me to stop by her house this afternoon to look at some papers and tell her what she needed to do about them. Daddy called and said he needed some things from the store. It was only three items, so I was able to go to the grocery store at lunch and pick them up. I had brought a salad for my lunch, so I went back and ate at my desk.
I called Michelle to see how Fox was doing. He was able to sleep through the night Saturday night without being woke up for pain meds. I think that is great. They are down in Orlando, so she had help this weekend from Pam and Mike. I'm glad she and Vance get so much help from friends and family. What a blessing.
After work, I went to Mama's and stayed until 6:30. She had me thinking that she was losing 2 lbs. a day, but when I looked at her chart, she has only lost 1/2 a pound. Her weight has fluctuated up and down, but it just depends on the time of day that she weighs herself. If it's early in the morning, her weight is down some; if it's later, her weight is about what it was when she left the nursing home. But she says she doesn't have an appetite and feels that the doctor will probably put her in the hospital. I just don't know what to think about all this. I don't know if she is just lonely and wants to go back to the nursing home because she was getting so much attention all day long, or what is going on. None of us can quit our jobs and stay with her all day. Especially since she gets around so well. Home Health Care comes in almost daily and say she is doing well.
I came home and sat with Vance a little while, then came in and worked on the computer. He was watching a scary movie and I sure didn't want to watch that. I copied some recipes for the crock pot for him. He loves to cook and I thought he could find something in those recipes to make. I got them from www.southernplate.com
Great Southern recipes.
Well, I'm getting too sleepy to type, so I think I better go to bed. Goodnight and God bless.................
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment