First, Cameron is at Sacred Heart and doing well. He's a little fighter, that's for sure. Sierra is having some problems. She just had a C-section on Wednesday, got out of the hospital on Friday and is in Pensacola with Cameron. I'm sure she is on her feet way too much. Had to go to the ER last night. Haven't heard from her today.
Friday, Dylan (the 4th grader who cut his hands trying to tear apart a pair of scissors) was still in the hospital. I think that really made an impression on Trent. He was telling Hope this weekend not to take any dares. Thank You, Lord, that he listened to me.
Saturday morning, I got up early and was at Chad and Tabitha's around 6:30 to pick up the kids. We left at 7:00. They were so good. We stopped at McDonald's in Blountstown to get breakfast and go to the bathroom. Hope wanted to turn on the hand dryer. Her hair was still damp, so I told her to put her head under it and let it dry her hair. She did, then she turned and looked at the dryer and said "Nonna, why can't I see the air?" Okay, that's one of those questions that's really hard to answer, so I said a quick prayer and this is what came out: "Hope, God created the air so that we could breathe and do things like dry our hair. But, if he had made it so we could see it, then we wouldn't be able to see each other or anything that He had made. If air was a color, it would block everything and all you would see would be that color. So, God made the air completely clear so that I could see you and you could see the trees and the sky and all the beautiful things that God has made. You can see the trees blowing in the wind, but you can't see the wind. If you could see the wind, you wouldn't be able to see the trees. Does that make any sense to you?" She thought about it for a minute and said "Yes, Nonna. God made air clear so we could see everything." Thank You, Lord, for that revelation. I've never thought of it like that before. Isn't God awesome?
We got to the park right before everybody started coming. Trent and Hope had a ball on the playground equipment, especially the see-saw. Trent would bounce it so that Hope would scream. Yeah, she's definitely a girl. She's got that high-pitched scream down pat. Fox was having so much fun. There were so many kids there. But, he was also ready for cake. He and Dylan and some of the other kids got icing all over their faces. I watched Hope eat her cupcake and she was so dainty that she didn't get a bit on her. The pictures of the other kids are so cute!! I love that blue and red and green icing all over their faces. Photographers (at least this photographer) is in heaven with pictures like that.
After the party, we went back to the house and opened presents. Fox got all kinds of Thomas the Train stuff. They are so cute. And there is one (I can't remember the real name), but Fox calls him Boogers. We don't know why, but you can tell him the real name and he'll say "No, it's Boogers!"
We had subs for lunch, then they put Fox and Dylan down for naps and Vance, Trent and Hope put together the railroad tracks for all the cars to run on. While they were working on the tracks, Pam, Mike, Shannon, Michelle and I sat and talked. Pam started laughing. None of us had said anything funny, so we all looked at her and she pointed to the baby monitor that was monitoring Fox. She turned it up and he was singing to himself "Happy birthday to Fox! Happy birthday to me!" We all cracked up. It was priceless. He must have sang for at least 10 minutes before Michelle went in and told him he needed to take a nap. I wish we had a video of that.
Vance, Trent and Hope went outside and played with the dogs. Lucky would not leave Trent alone. He kept attacking his shoes. Wherever Trent went, Lucky was attached to his foot. It was so funny. For some reason, Lucky loves shoelaces. He would bite Trent's laces and hang on for dear life. He's a crazy dog.
Before we left they were playing in the front yard. They had set up two chairs and Trent and Vance were playing volleyball over the chairs. As we started to leave, Vance came to me and said "I knew Trent looked just like Chad, but he acts exactly like him, too."
We got back on the road and stopped at McDonald's before we got on the interstate because they were hungry again. As soon as Hope finished her food, she fell asleep in her car seat. Trent was playing with a pinball video game and it was making noise, so he turned it off and said "I'm being considerate of Hope. She's trying to sleep." Such a good kid. Hope slept all the way to Blountstown. I stopped at McDonalds to go to the bathroom and had to carry her inside. She finally woke up in the bathroom, then they wanted ice cream and wanted to play outside. So I let them. We ate ice cream and they played.
Got them home and I came home. It had been a good day. Vance was glad to see me. He won't go anywhere with me, but he's always glad that I make it back safe.
Sunday, I went to church. Kayla asked me if I would help with Children's Church, so I did. It was fun. They really teach the kids a lot.
After church, I went by to see Mama. She's doing fine. While I was there, she got up to go to the bathroom and took off her oxygen and walked to the bathroom and back without even stumbling or out of breathe. She walks better than I do. Since my feet have been swelling, I sometimes have a hard time walking. Not her. She was having no problems at all. She will do fine when she goes home. Of that, I have no doubt. Even though she pretends to be helpless. She told Penny that she would need her to stay with her whenever she went home. I don't think so. She will be fine. I got her to give me a grocery list so I could buy groceries for her. When I came home, I crashed. I was so tired, I was almost in tears. I told Vance I was going to bed. Usually, I sleep on the couch, but I just needed to get by myself so I could sleep. I need a long vacation.......
Today was a pretty usual day at work. Playing catch-up on my timesheets. Penny called to make sure I had Mama's cable turned back on. I called and it will be done tomorrow. Mama called to see if I had paid her bills. Daddy called and wanted me to bring him some money when I got off work and take him to the AmVets. I worked till 5:00 and before I could shut off my computer Daddy was calling to see if I had forgotten him. I get no peace. I went and picked him up and carried him to the AmVets to see if he had won the $3000 drawing tonight. I wish he would. Of course, he'd probably never make it home with it. He'd buy everybody drinks or gamble and it would be gone before he got home. After I dropped him off, I went to Winn-Dixie and bought groceries for Mama, then took them to her house and put them away. I got home around 7:00. Was way too tired to go to the Ladies Meeting. Vance was tired, too. He was off all day and he worked in the yard.
I've got to sit down and work on the Bible Study. I haven't worked on this session yet and we meet again on Wednesday. I just haven't had the time.
So, goodnight all. I'm moving over to the table to work on the Bible Study. Hope to get it all done tonight and tomorrow night after practice. Wish I could work on it at work, but I'm way too busy. Goodnight and God bless.............

No comments:
Post a Comment