Thursday, October 02, 2008

A Woman's Heart

Okay, so today I got up and went to work. Enough laying out. And, boy was I busy! It just does not pay to take a day off. All I did this morning was put out fires for other people. Had to do research, send emails, etc. It wasn't until after lunch that I finally got to concentrate on my timesheets. I have sooooo much filing to do. Don't know when I will get it done.

Daddy called before lunch to tell me he needed a check for his rent. His Social Security check doesn't go into his account until the 3rd, but his rent is due on the 1st. So, I have to make sure I have $500 in my account to pay his rent and then transfer it out of his account when it gets deposited. Sometimes, his landlord doesn't cash the check right away; but other times, he cashes it the next day. I have to schedule my bills to come out after the 3rd. Paid a couple of bills for Mama. Daddy also needed a loaf of bread, so I stopped at Walgreen's at lunch and got it because I needed some Fisherman's Friends cough lozenges. That's the only way I can sing. Have to have one in my mouth the whole time. It keeps my sinuses and throat clear. They are really nasty tasting, but I don't notice when I'm singing. I went to Taco Bell and got something to eat, then ran the check and bread by Daddy's. He said he would need me to buy groceries for him tomorrow after I get off work. I told him I would probably be late and he said he didn't care what time I delivered them. I don't plan on working late on Friday because Vance, Michelle and Fox are coming. Please pray that the system works right and I don't have to work overtime. Please, please pray!!

Talked to Mama after lunch. Let her know that I had given Chad Earl's models. She said she was glad somebody wanted them. She was afraid we would just throw them out after she's gone. No, Chad loved them.

Say a prayer for Jimmy Nichols. He's one of the supervisors at work and he graduated high school with my husband. Jimmy has to go to UAB tomorrow and have pre-op tests run on Friday. He's having over 30 biopsies done on the 9th. Pray that he doesn't have cancer. He said I could share this, so that he would be covered in prayer. The more people who know, the better.

I worked until 5:30 tonight, then rushed home to grab my camera and brush my teeth and kiss Vance goodbye before going to church. We started our Ladies Bible Study while Pastor preached in the sanctuary. We are using Beth Moore's teaching "A Woman's Heart, God's Dwelling Place." I think it's going to be an awesome teaching. There is a lot of homework, so that will make me get in the Word more than I have been.

After service was over, we had cake for Pastor Sammy's birthday. That's why I needed my camera. I took pictures, visited awhile, ate a small piece of cake and came home. Vance was eating a hot dog, so I fixed me one. He went to bed and I ate my hot dog and then did the first night's Bible study. It's very interesting.

Now, I'm going to go to bed. I'm exhausted and my feet are swollen and hurting. I need my beauty sleep. Vance has the windows open because it's cool outside. I just love this time of year. Wish I could go to the mountains and see the leaves change. I've never seen that before. Maybe one day........Sigh..

Goodnight and God bless............... AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLGA!

No comments: