Thursday, October 09, 2008

Welcome Baby Cameron


I had to go get some tests run this morning, so I was able to take it slow getting ready. Went to the Diagnostic place and had bloodwork, x-rays on my left foot and ankle and a venous doppler on the veins in my legs. They are trying to find out why my legs are swelling. While I was having the doppler, I heard the song "God is in Control" come over the speaker. I had not even heard music before that. I thought "Wow, they play Christian music here. That's really cool." The song ended and then I heard nothing - no music, no talking, nothing. About five minutes later, the girl who was doing the test turned to the other girl in the room and said "I love this song." I couldn't hear it at all. Isn't that just like God to raise the volume so I could hear the song that says He's in control so that I would know that no matter what, He's in control of everything. Not just my health, but the world around me. Of course, I haven't been concerned about my legs. The swelling and pain have just been annoying, but I haven't worried about what might be causing it. I figure it's the extra salt I've consumed lately. I'm not supposed to be eating salt.

I left there and went through Sonic to get something to eat. My doctor told me I needed to always eat something for breakfast since that's the time my sugar is the highest - when I wake up. Once I eat, it goes down to normal.

Went to work and it was so nice. The guys were in Crestview in a meeting, so I had the whole office to myself. I was able to get a lot done without having to put up with any arguing and raised voices. I had a lot of phone calls today for prayer. Debb's friend, Sierra, was only 28 weeks pregnant and she hadn't felt the baby move in a couple of days. They went to the hospital and the doctors ran some tests and decided they had to do a c-section. They told her they might not be able to save the baby, but he came out screaming and fighting for his life. He only weighed 1 lb. 4 oz. and is about the size of a man's hand. That's tiny! He has been taken to Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola. His name is Cameron Opare. Please keep him in your prayers. You can see his pictures on this page. For those of you who have recently had babies, notice the stripes on the blanket and you will be able to judge just how small he really is.

Since I got to work at 10:00, I didn't take a lunch. I needed to stay by the phone so Debb could keep me updated on Cameron. When she called and said he was alive, I literally shouted in my office. Another good reason for the guys to be gone. :) Of course, I wouldn't have cared if they had been there. That was way too exciting to keep inside.

One thing that has already happened because of Cameron's birth is that Sierra and her mother have reconciled. They had not spoken in several weeks. Now, her mother is planning on helping take care of her and the baby. Praise the Lord! Cameron is already fulfilling his destiny.

Debb asked if I could come and get her and take her home. I took my camera and we were able to get a nurse (with Sierra's permission of course) to go in the neonatal ICU and take pictures of Cameron. I carried the camera back to Sierra so she could see him. She had not even seen him yet. I promised to bring the pictures to her tomorrow at lunch.

I took Debb home, came home and printed a couple of 8x10's. Took one to church after picking up the kids. Tabitha had to work tonight. Before church started, I had to give a testimony about Cameron and I showed the picture. We all prayed for him and later Mrs. Sandi prayed for him again. We had our second session of Beth Moore's Bible Study about the tabernacle. It is so good. I'm really enjoying it.

Scottie brought back the guitar I had given him to repair. It looks good, but he said it was not to be used for heavy playing, but would be good for a beginner. Chad loved it when I took it home to him. He will take good care of it. We talked to Trent and Hope about not playing with it and how very valuable it was and it should be handled very gently.

Oh, please pray for a little boy in Trent's class. Another boy dared him to tear a pair of scissors in half. Well, Dylan grabbed the scissors by the blades and tried to pull them apart. They cut both hands all the way to the bone and he can't feel his fingers. Trent said he yelled and screamed and there was blood everywhere. They called an ambulance to come take him to the hospital. I used this as a teaching tool to tell Trent not to ever dare or take a dare from anybody. Usually a dare is something dangerous that the other person is scared to do, but will dare or double dare you to do it instead. And they usually end up with somebody getting hurt. Been there, done that.

Came home and printed out the pictures so I can take them to Sierra tomorrow. Now, I think I'd better get to bed. It's already Thursday morning.

Goodnight and God bless...............

No comments: