Monday, October 27, 2008

Sleepy Sunday

Went to church. It was Pastor Appreciation Day and I gave our pastors pictures of them that I had taken back in the 80's. Pastor Sammy loved them. We had food after the service. I had not planned on eating because I forgot to bring anything, but Judy talked me into it. She said she brought plenty. It's hard to prepare food in the morning when you have to be there early. We had a lot of visitors. There was plenty of food. At first, it didn't look like there would be enough, but I kept seeing people go back for two and three plates and there just seemed to be more and more food. It's like when Jesus took the loaves and fishes and there were baskets left over afterwards. Well, there was plenty of food left over. You can't tell me God doesn't perform miracles today.

I had planned on going to see Mama, but then I realized the race would be on and she doesn't like to be interrupted when she watching the race. And, besides, I was so sleepy. All I wanted to do was go home and go to bed. I came home, changed clothes, kissed Vance and went to bed and slept until 5:30.

When I got up, Vance needed me to go to the grocery store and get some rice for a dish he was preparing. It took an hour in the grocery store. First, I'm still not familiar with the Lynn Haven Winn-Dixie, so I couldn't find the things I was looking for; and it seemed everybody in Lynn Haven had decided to go shopping at the same time. I bought some things that I can take to work to eat instead of eating out every day. Trying to save some money and eat a little better. I had to stand in line for about 15 minutes and they had just about all the lines open. It looked like when people go shopping to stock up right before a hurricane. I don't know what the deal was.

Came home and worked on some photographs that I had taken today at church. Some good ones of the kids that were there. I love taking pictures of kids.

I also watched Extreme Home Makeover and cried the entire hour. I love that show, but it always makes me cry. I usually don't watch it for that very reason, but I decided that I would watch it anyway. So I did and I cried and cried some more. It was beautiful.

Vance made a dish of several types of beans, corn, hot dogs, rice and cheese. It was really good. He comes up with some concoctions that look terrible, but taste great.

Now that it's after midnight, I guess I better get to bed. It's going to be a busy day trying to play catch-up since I was off Friday. And I may have to take Trent to his doctor's appointment because Tabitha thinks she has an appointment at the same time to find out the results of her tests on her kidneys. We're interested to see if that third kidney has grown bigger. I'm believing it has and it will soon be able to take over for the diseased kidney.

Goodnight and God bless................

Check out Michelle's blog to find the latest on Fox. Also, check out www.southernplate.com for some great Southern recipes.

No comments: