Monday, October 20, 2008

What a Week It's Been

Got a call from Michelle on Thursday morning that Fox had fallen on the playground and hurt his leg. She was having x-rays done. Said he was in a lot of pain. She called back and said that his right femur was broken and they were headed to the ER to have a cast put on. The next call I got was from Vance. They put Fox in a full body cast and Vance was going to rent a special car seat. I cried all day cause I couldn't be there with them. I've always been able to be with Trent and Hope whenever they have been sick, even going to the hospital and doctor's appointments with them. So, it was really hard to sit at work and not be able to offer my support. But, I did get on the computer and email everybody that I knew to start praying for him and to put him on their prayer lists.

Friday was timesheet day, so it was very, very busy. I had a doctor's appointment at 9:00, so I used that time for my lunch. The results of all the tests on my legs were inconclusive. No broken bones, no blood clots, no anemia and no leukemia. Of all that, I am very thankful. My doctor suggested that I start wearing compression hose to try to get the blood flowing properly. Will have to wait until Monday to buy those. I'm also supposed to have a pelvic ultrasound to see if there are any blockages there. Debb and Kim went to lunch and brought me back something. I am so thankful for friends. I didn't leave the office until around 5:00. Had to get some groceries for Daddy. Had planned on stopping by to see Mama, but I was too exhausted.

Saturday, I got up and cleaned the house and washed some clothes. Debb came over to bring me a gift for Judy's baby shower. She wasn't going to be able to go, so I told her I'd take it. Trent called to see if he could spend the night. Of course, I said yes. I enjoy having him around. I went shopping for a gift for Judy, then went and picked up Trent. Stayed at their house about an hour. Came home and Trent and I hung out at the computer looking at pictures. He is so sweet. He looked at a picture and said "Nonna, did you take that picture?" I said, "Yes, Trent, I did." He said "You're a good photographer." That meant the world to me. To have my grandchild say that I'm good. Who cares what the rest of the world thinks - Trent thinks I'm good!

Vance had cooked pork chops and potatoes and all Trent wanted to eat was grits. He ended up eating four bowls. After Vance went to bed, I was craving ice cream and so we went to McDonald's. Trent got a Happy Meal with a milkshake and I got an Oreo/ice cream McFlurry. Only ate half of it so I could eat the rest later. I usually buy the large size, eat a little and put it in the freezer. Sometimes I can make it last three days. Beats eating all those calories at once.

I woke up this morning and just couldn't get going. I honestly could not wake up. I fixed Trent some grits, kissed Vance and told him I was going back to bed and to take care of Trent. I called and talked to Steve and let him know that I wouldn't be at church. Then, I went to bed. I didn't wake up until almost 1:00. Trent was gone. Vance said they came and picked him up. I didn't make it to the shower either. Debb called. She had actually gone to the shower and found out her present wasn't there. She called to see if I was okay. She stopped by on her way home to check on me. That was sweet of her.

I've been working on photographs all day. Still haven't found the pictures from Penny's wedding to Roy that she wanted a picture from. I know I saw them about a month ago, but I don't know what I did with them. I'm also looking for a photo album from a trip that the youth group from Springfield Methodist took to Gatlinburg. Haven't found it either. That's what happens when I clean house. I lose everything. When things are in a really stupid place where they shouldn't be, I know where they are and can go right to them when I need to. But, if I put things away in a logical place, I'll never be able to find them again. Out of sight; out of mind.

I'm going to go do some more looking for those pictures, so ya'll have a good night.

No comments: