Sunday, October 26, 2008

Later Saturday


I guess it was around 3:30 or 4:00 when I finally got to bed. Fell right asleep. I love sleeping with the windows open this time of year. The air is just so crisp and clean - good sleeping weather. Maybe that's why I slept most of the day yesterday.

Today, I got up around 9:00. Didn't do much. I was just tired and worked on pictures. Kim and I think the Chronic Fatigue has come back and that's why I'm so tired all the time. Plus, I have other symptoms that I had before when I had CFS. Yeah, I know, I need to get off the sugar and carbs. I know all that, but I crave those things.

Penny called and said Mama is talking about going back into the nursing home. She's losing about 2lbs. a day. She just won't eat. Penny said she thought it was because none of us have gone to see her since she got home. I told her I had been by there twice this week and would be going after church tomorrow. I think it's because nobody is forcing her to eat three times a day, so she just doesn't eat. Hey, I know exactly how she feels. I don't eat either. But, instead of losing weight, I'm gaining. Not fair!

It was almost 2:00 before I even ate anything and that amounted to two pieces of toast with peanut butter. Vance came home a little before 3:00. His back was hurting him. At 4:00, I jumped in the shower to get ready for Trent's birthday party. Vance said he'd come over for a little while. I stopped by Sonic and got some tea. By the time I got to Chad's, I was shaking from hunger. Ate a couple of Oreo's and a piece of bread.

Everybody started showing up. Dexter and his two girls were there. Dexter was trying to help Chad find out why his car quit on him today at the store. They had to tow it home. Vance came over, but didn't stay long. His back was hurting him and he's not comfortable around a lot of people. He got there before everybody started showing up. When everybody else got there, he left. I don't think they ever figured out what was wrong with Chad's car.

We had spaghetti, then dirt cake. It was all good. Of course, I took a lot of pictures. When do I not take pictures? I stuck around until 7:00, just talking to Chad, Tabitha, Dexter and Tiffany. Everybody else had already gone home.

Came home and watched a movie on the Hallmark Channel. Edward Asner starred as a grandfather whose young grandson got in trouble in New York and got sent to live with him. He turned his life around that summer. It was a really good movie.

Now, I think I will scan some more photos. Goodnight all! God bless..........

No comments: